Introduction

Alexander96

Hi,
I am something of a novice in the world of fishing, but now that I have a job and a steady source of income, I can afford to go fishing much more often than in the past. I live in West Salem and work in Newberg, so just about every weekend I'm out looking for places nearby to fish.

I like traveling around the Willamette Basin, and most of my fishing attempts have been there. Problem is, I have a very poor knowledge of what fish are in what places at what times, so it's kind of a crap-shoot for me. Decided to join up here to find out how to improve my methods and get more strikes.

Mostly interested in trout fishing, because that's what most of my gear is suited for.

troutdude

Welcome aboard. You can search the archived threads, on here, for tons of information. I'd also recommend getting a copy, of "Fishing in Oregon". The information in that book, will help you get up to speed quickly!

Troutski

Welcome to OFF, what Troutdude said is perfect advice. I started out using that same book, don't be afraid to ask as many questions as you want. I'm not that knowledgeable about the area you will be doing most of your angling, but if you do find yourself in my area feel free to shoot me a PM and I will be more than happy to lend a hand...
Again Welcome to the site, tight lines and be safe around the water...

Chuck

troutdude

Alexander96 I just remembered that, there are ponds at Willamette Mission State Park. Just follow Wheatland Road, north out of Keizer. It would be a place, close by--and easy access, on your way home!