Intro

B

bassboy

Hey everybody, I've been lurking on this site for a while and finally decided to join in on the conversation since there seems to be a lot of talk about fishing the central and south valley here.

I am a freshman at OSU studying fisheries science this year and am currently on the bass team. I am always looking to try new places and love to fish with new people! I have been lucky this year to have an epic spring so far with 4 fish over 5 pounds (two of them are over 7!) from public ponds and the fishing is just heating up.

I am currently bank bound while at school but hope to be getting some sort of pond buster in the near future.

I'm looking forward to contributing to this community!!

L

lilsalmon

Welcome to the forum!!!! My son's friend is studying the same thing.....he spends time at the dam and in Corvallis, as far as I know...you will like it here.....we are all soooo friendly

S

sherman

welcome to the board. So what do they teach in fisheries science? Is it all about how to manage stock ponds & manage fish habitat? What is your goal, to work for ODFW?

B

bassboy

welcome to the board. So what do they teach in fisheries science? Is it all about how to manage stock ponds & manage fish habitat? What is your goal, to work for ODFW?

So far I haven't really gotten into a lot of the actual fisheries science, I'm stuck doing chemistry and math for the first two years, but there is a strong emphasis on conservation and also management of the species (for consumption/harvest). I guess my eventual goal is to work for the odfw but who knows what will happen before then!

C

colbypearson

solid start i saw your picture on the other thread really nice fish, welcome to OFF.