Interesting reading

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
Thanks Halibuthitman............yup those folks are a little crazy but they are organized and it not just the sports guy they are after. Don't let them see you wearing a fur coat. Luckly the are fringe group and most people realize their position is out there to say the least. I'd buy one of their T-shirt but I don't want the money going to their cause.

The folks that scare me the most right now are the one who want to turn the Oregon coast into a marine sanctuary and no fishing zone. They almost got their way and they will be back..........Irishrover

Last edited:
H

halibuthitman

be afraid, be very afraid!!!

be afraid, be very afraid!!!

well Irish Rover those people have a leader, and her name is Jane Lubchenco and The President nominated her to lead the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration, and if confirmed will sit in charge of ocean policy for the next four years, and her pet policy.... no-take marine sanctuaries, so you are in oregon and wash about to lose some fishing waters. She is one of the most influential and educated professors around ( from oregon state u. ) and she is considered a very powerful marine life advocate.:shock: And there is nothing we can do about a nominated position that has more power than a supreme court justice.

" lets put our minds together and see if we can make a future for our children" Sitting Bull-

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
well Irish Rover those people have a leader, and her name is Jane Lubchenco and The President nominated her to lead the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration, and if confirmed will sit in charge of ocean policy for the next four years, and her pet policy.... no-take marine sanctuaries, so you are in oregon and wash about to lose some fishing waters. She is one of the most influential and educated professors around ( from oregon state u. ) and she is considered a very powerful marine life advocate.:shock: And there is nothing we can do about a nominated position that has more power than a supreme court justice.

" lets put our minds together and see if we can make a future for our children" Sitting Bull-

Boy you sure know how to cheer a guy up! Might just as well sell my boats and fishing gear and learn how to grow a garden. I'd do it but I'm sure I'd crush some worm then PETA would be all over me. This stuff really does drive me crazy. I'd pack up and leave but it's the same all over. Thanks for the inforamtion.

G

GraphiteZen

Whatever she does it won't be so drastic as to effect the economy the way a directive of the type you imagine would.

With that said I too am very uncomfortable with ANYONE involved with PETA making decisions of that magnitude.

H

halibuthitman

on a happy note

on a happy note

Sorry about all the bad news, but I guess Im just trying to point out how nasty things get when people start choosing who gets to play in what sandbox, lots of enemys, lets hope far more comrades and friends:D
On a positive note I got a 6 ft sturgeon in the multn-channel and have seen 2 medium sized springers caught in the last week, and I nailed about 8 little cutts in gnat creek yesterday. so fishing is great around here!!!!:cool:

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
Sorry about all the bad news, but I guess Im just trying to point out how nasty things get when people start choosing who gets to play in what sandbox, lots of enemys, lets hope far more comrades and friends:D
On a positive note I got a 6 ft sturgeon in the multn-channel and have seen 2 medium sized springers caught in the last week, and I nailed about 8 little cutts in gnat creek yesterday. so fishing is great around here!!!!:cool:

I agree with the sandbox therory........also sound like you have been having a good time with the fishing. I've just been freezing my feet in the Sandy looking for that winter steelhead.;)

W

Webwader

Maybe PETA could have a swim-in with the Great White kittens. :lol:

Top Bottom