Inspiration for the Clackamas River haters

T
troutmasta
Hit the Clack AGAIN today. Just can't get enought of that river.

Went to go find some summer chrome.

However with the cooler low pressure air around, the salmon were biting at my particular hole (same one I always post about, no secret).

Tied into 2 nooks landed both. (one was juvenille) and Hooked one steel that promptly spit.

One nook and the steel were on 1/3 oz. Cleo spoon, green and chrome. Other nook on all chrome Blue Fox #4.

Threw eggs and everything before I switched to hardware. Bite was defenetly different then its been. Somethings going on (too bad Im human).

The fish looked a little dark but I know from experience that springers almost Always cut nice due to the late spawn resulting high fat content. wasn't dissapointed.

Heres some pics and a grainy cell video (bad words have been edited out)

Don't Give Up on the Poor Old Clack!

Last edited by a moderator:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Hmmm, I don't hate the Clack...:think: but I might start to "hate" you....:think: nope, just jealous as hell! :wall: :tongue: :lol: :lol:

B
bran_man
Nice! That fish was still pretty bright for this time of year. I have seen people keep much darker fish than that. Those cuts looked pretty nice and that's what counts!

T
troutmasta
Raincatcher said:
Hmmm, I don't hate the Clack...:think: but I might start to "hate" you....:think: nope, just jealous as hell! :wall: :tongue: :lol: :lol:

:tongue:
bran_man said:
Nice! That fish was still pretty bright for this time of year. I have seen people keep much darker fish than that. Those cuts looked pretty nice and that's what counts!

10-4, gonna be yummy...I saw some nice looking fish jumping, Im headed back tomorrow.

S
Silvers&Steelies
Very nice.

jamisonace
jamisonace
If it's a buck that is pink in the mouth, color of the skin doesn't matter too much. Females are a bit more questionable but if I see pink in the mouth I usually take them home.

E
eugene1
Nice to see some nooks posted up TM!

Best, and that looks like a nice one even on the outside.

I
idaho_steel
Nice fish Trout, I haven't been on here for awhile, do you fish below barton or above? My wife and I took a trip out to Oregon this spring/early summer and floated the Clack for the first time, we only caught one summer steel, but we really loved fishing on that river. Just for future reference.

NWDiscer
NWDiscer
Great hookup looks tasty!

T
troutmasta
jamisonace said:
If it's a buck that is pink in the mouth, color of the skin doesn't matter too much. Females are a bit more questionable but if I see pink in the mouth I usually take them home.
It was a buck, and it cut and cooked wonderfully!

idaho_steel said:
Nice fish Trout, I haven't been on here for awhile, do you fish below barton or above? My wife and I took a trip out to Oregon this spring/early summer and floated the Clack for the first time, we only caught one summer steel, but we really loved fishing on that river. Just for future reference.
Above Estacada, which is above Barton.

H
hydropsyche
Yeah boy!! loved the last 20 seconds of that video.

Haters want to hate
players want to ball
i don't want none of that at all
i want to fish on you

a lil poem i just came up with i call it Salmon Love

another original

fish fish fish
in your face
take me to your special place
i want to fish in you

I call this one in between the clacks

O
OnTheDrop
Nice dudeee. I love hardware fish!

Sun for so many days and then clouds is the answer to success.

T
Tommy
Hello everybody!

My friend and I are getting into the sport. I was wondering if someone can give me some tips on where to fish. Is this Faraday Forebay dam?

also we have regular fishing license, do we also need a "tag"? how much are they by the way?

thank you so much!

P
perfectg03
Yes you need tags. They are 33.00

L
Leon Fish
Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

L
Leon Fish
hydropsyche said:

Haters want to hate
players want to ball
i want to fish on you

another original

fish fish fish
in your face
i want to fish in you

lol. awesome. can we start a thread specifically for fish chants/calls ?

I only know the good ol' "Heeerreee fishy fishy fisy. Heeeerrrreeee fishy fishy fishy"
and I love the way people look at me when I use it. Its even better if I hook up moments later. lol. but stranger things have happened.

C
ChezJfrey
OK, I'm gonna start hating the Clack. Went 0 for 2 after work today. I thought about it and came to the conclusion that it is the river's fault and not mine ;)

T
troutmasta
hydropsyche said:

Haters want to hate
players want to ball
i want to fish on you

another original

fish fish fish
in your face
i want to fish in you

Hemingway?

SteelmonKiller20 said:
Nice dudeee. I love hardware fish!

Sun for so many days and then clouds is the answer to success.

Miss ya brospeph- Hardware is Awesome!

Tommy said:
Hello everybody!

My friend and I are getting into the sport. I was wondering if someone can give me some tips on where to fish. Is this Faraday Forebay dam?

also we have regular fishing license, do we also need a "tag"? how much are they by the way?

thank you so much!

Faraday. Yes on tags.

ChezJfrey said:
OK, I'm gonna start hating the Clack. Went 0 for 2 after work today. I thought about it and came to the conclusion that it is the river's fault and not mine ;)

Howd you lose em both?

Lets hook up.

Last edited:
C
ChezJfrey
troutmasta said:
Howd you lose em both?

Since you recently linked this and now I see I never answered this question, I reviewed my log details (I keep track to remind me of my suckage ;) ), I lost both to the common malady of the ninja-aerial-theatrics-spit-hook syndrome that steelhead apparently love to demonstrate for me.

T
troutmasta
ChezJfrey said:
Since you recently linked this and now I see I never answered this question, I reviewed my log details (I keep track to remind me of my suckage ;) ), I lost both to the common malady of the ninja-aerial-theatrics-spit-hook syndrome that steelhead apparently love to demonstrate for me.

Another reason salmon are better. They go down not up.

Top Bottom