Impact of rain on bass fishing in lower Willamette

fromthelogo
fromthelogo
I know that a bad day fishing is better than a good day at work, but what are everyone's thoughts on what the impacts of this weekends predicted rain is going to have on the bass fishing in the Willamette below the falls on Monday? I'm not sure if it is going to be enough rain to increase the current much or if it will wash a bunch of crud into the river.

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
You will be fine. It would take a LOT more rain than we are going to get. Go fish.

As long as the water isn’t too cold (40s) AND muddy, rising water isn’t the worst thing in the world. Fish follow it up and you find them shallow, usually.

Reactions: fromthelogo
bass
bass
I agree with @Shaun Solomon

No issue with the current but the river is supposed to rise a little. That will probably drag some junk into the water (leaves and what not). It is only supposed to rise a tiny bit so probably not a big deal. The only thing to be prepared for is that you might be a bit more cleaning of gunk off your lure than you have been doing.

Reactions: fromthelogo
NKlamerus
NKlamerus
I fished the Umpqua last weekend after the rain, flow was maybe a touch higher

The bigger issue was debris, couldny throw anything with trebles without getting trashed.
8b0c23d68e37c4b2fc87a8f7592ada38.jpg

Reactions: bass