Informal bass tourney /get together

F
Finneus Polebender
Rather than continue to jack threads here we go .Have a cool new private pond been fishin am thinkin about throwing an informal bass tourney /get together for OFF bassers . The event would be kinda run as follows subject to change by group concensus, and under certain rules which are not negotiable period. first the event date. Unfortunately must be a weekday no exeption ,will be happy to choose the most requested voted for day though. think an early start would be good ,not reqired w/a bbq potluck to follow the final bell . So thinkin for us topwater monkeys will try for a half hour prior to sunrise for a start and once again would appreciate input on tourney length . Can always fish after final bell too just figure gotta call it some time. Next order of buisness tourney catagories once again bring them on examples best 3 total wt , biggest ,most ,smallest etc. now for the rules of the pond . Basically this is private property and the only time it will be ok for guests to fish or be there will be for this event ,the property is watched ,posted and enforced. No gas motors or boats that require a trailer launch "will have plenty of xtra seats /boats ". Sorry no alcohol or drugs would luv to allow at least beer and wine will not take the chance of any thing goin wrong and wont play favorites hope you all understand. All fish will be subject to CPR for tourney validations or CPWR depending on which the group prefers all fish will be released unharmed .Towards the end of the potluck/chow down could run down the days tallys and the catagory winners , hand out some low to no value prizes "will be for bragging rights mostly " ,then hang and fish or split . So theres the " Idea " all you mid valley bass hounds got some votes to cast ,and opinions to throw down . Thinkin the sooner you vote / show the interest the best could easily run out of room for this one these threads are chronilogical if ya catch my drift . Later fellow bucketheads!

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
I am down and weekdays work other than wednesdays. i have dips on your livingston and will bring some potluck goodness. how far is it from the parking to the waters edge? i may be able to carry a small boat off a trailer depending on the situation. could you explain cpr and cprw to me. I have a scale so i would like to just weigh for a photo and toss the fish back as soon as possible instead of trying to deal with a livewell.

C
colbypearson
how far from medford? i gotta go up there sometime anyways so i will see : )

R
ryan808
Im in, just tell when and where

M
Moe
Thuggin4Life said:
I am down and weekdays work other than wednesdays. i have dips on your livingston and will bring some potluck goodness. how far is it from the parking to the waters edge? i may be able to carry a small boat off a trailer depending on the situation. could you explain cpr and cprw to me. I have a scale so i would like to just weigh for a photo and toss the fish back as soon as possible instead of trying to deal with a livewell.

I believe:
CPR-catch photograph release
CPWR-catch photograph weigh release

F
Finneus Polebender
Moe said:
I believe:
CPR-catch photograph release
CPWR-catch photograph weigh release

That would be correct ,and parking will be at waters edge for the most part just want to keep from tearin up the launch with trailers and pond is really not big enuff for large motor boats considering that I hope to have room for 15-20 of us to fish! The water is extremely clear and we will keep it that way! looks like some interest already and the place is within 20 min of eugene Colby , hopefully it will work best for all on a friday and maybe TR will have a slot for us on sat or sun after the get together. Thanks for the replies gonna give it a bit then we will start makin plans!

L
Left Bank
I'd join just for the oppertunity to get some pointers on bass. I've caught smallmouth but would enjoy watching the experienced show how it's really done.

C
Combat Chuck
So I can pull my drift boat to the bank and put it in, I just can't put the trailer in the water right? This sounds fun, I could probably go on a Friday.

T
Thuggin4Life
I forgot i inherited chris's 10' jon. i'll try to bring it out.

T
TTFishon
Combat Chuck said:
So I can pull my drift boat to the bank and put it in, I just can't put the trailer in the water right? This sounds fun, I could probably go on a Friday.

Can you lift your DB up and over a gate?

F
Finneus Polebender
Will ask to get gate open for event, 10ft jon would work great, and amount of experience not an issue other than following the pond rules. will be talkin with the owners by the end of next week to make all necessary arrangements . want to get some more input on day ,and how many people are interested and for tourney agenda before I talk to them .So let me know what you guys are thinkin as far as what day , and the tourney catagories , so we can come up with a concensus then will see if we can pull this thing "OFF".

Last edited:
T
Thuggin4Life
Like i said i am down for whatever and i'll find a way to get the jon boat out with my electric. i will just cpwr all the fish and as far the the catagories maybe first fish bigest fish and biggest total out of 3 maybe? i'll bring something for the potluck just tell me when and where and make sure its not a wednesday.

F
Finneus Polebender
Thuggin4Life said:
Like i said i am down for whatever and i'll find a way to get the jon boat out with my electric. i will just cpwr all the fish and as far the the catagories maybe first fish bigest fish and biggest total out of 3 maybe? i'll bring something for the potluck just tell me when and where and make sure its not a wednesday.

I will throw wed out just because its middle of week hardest to get off for workin folks, leanin towards a fri.

D
dawgchaw
I don't think I can join you however: fastest one man craft (50 yards) would be fun for bragging rights.

T
Thuggin4Life
sounds good to me. to bad i can't get my boat in there.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
TTFishon said:
Can you lift your DB up and over a gate?

I'm sure there will be enough people there to get it over. It's only like a 12 footer right Ben?

(He won't be able to help though he's got a little hitch in his giddy-up.)

Last edited:
G
Growbug
count me in.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Sounds like a blast! Keep us all posted about the date.

L
Left Bank
Fridays are great for me. I can either bring the float tube or fill and open seat. I'll also bring a potluck item. This could be real fun.

C
Combat Chuck
GraphiteZen said:
I'm sure there will be enough people there to get it over. It's only like a 12 footer right Ben?

(He won't be able to help though he's got a little hitch in his giddy-up.)

Its a 12' but a little awkward to carry. It sounds like there will be plenty of people though. We can just hope the gate gets open :)