In terms of the cost of licenses & tags for 2010...

In terms of the cost of licenses & tags for 2010...

• Total voters
M
Modest_Man
I paid it and I'll pay it again. Managed all of one fish on my tag this year (caught 4, three were wild). I volunteer with ODFW and have done nutrient enrichment programs (dumping spawned out hatchery fish off bridges; most fun I've had with carcases in a LONG while) and youth angling programs...so my hours in vs. "catch" are pretty darn miserable, but I feel I've given back much more than what I paid in dollars to the youth and to the streams I've fished.

If you feel the price is too high it's very easy to sit on your ass and complain about it on an internet forum. It's different all together to contact ODFW, go to meetings, and volunteer to help change fishing in Oregon for the better.

/my two cents.

A
Amberjack
Modest_Man said:
I paid it and I'll pay it again. Managed all of one fish on my tag this year (caught 4, three were wild). I volunteer with ODFW and have done nutrient enrichment programs (dumping spawned out hatchery fish off bridges; most fun I've had with carcases in a LONG while) and youth angling programs...so my hours in vs. "catch" are pretty darn miserable, but I feel I've given back much more than what I paid in dollars to the youth and to the streams I've fished.

If you feel the price is too high it's very easy to sit on your ass and complain about it on an internet forum. It's different all together to contact ODFW, go to meetings, and volunteer to help change fishing in Oregon for the better.

/my two cents.

I wish I could have stated this so eloquently.... very well said THANKS!!!!

B
BobbiDollPDX
Modest_Man said:

/my two cents.

Where is the like button on this thing?!?

troutdude
troutdude
It would surely be interesting, to know when some comments are attributable to ODFW staff.

When holding someone's "feet to the fire", you just don't know what that "someone" will say or do.

I'm just sayin...

F
fishkiller
BobbiDollPDX said:
Where is the like button on this thing?!?
LOL way too funny. How much is it going to be for my daughters to fish? Or are they going to become poachers Baahaaaa. Leave it up to the Libs to be part of the problem not the solution.

F
fishkiller
Modest_Man said:

/my two cents.
You are truly special. Thanks for your service.

G
GDBrown
Modest_Man said:

/my two cents.

You have obviously put in more than 2 cents. Thanks!

H
halibuthitman
Jan 1
3 washington 3 day shelfish permits $23
tank of gas for the Hemi $88
lunch for my wife, daughter the grama and myself.. $45
this memory................. priceless

O
OnTheFly
halibuthitman said:
Jan 1
3 washington 3 day shelfish permits $23
tank of gas for the Hemi $88
lunch for my wife, daughter the grama and myself.. $45
this memory................. priceless
That was truely a worthwhile day. And you can even make clam dip!:D

Troutski
Troutski
I did the math and because of the number of days I fished last year I believe I may owe ODFW some more money... I do fish more than most but that is so I can keep the cost in check. Now with the second rod thingy I can catch and release even more fish. Still pretty cheap entertainment for the whole year.

Chuck

T
TTFishon
halibuthitman said:
I am a proffesional fisherman, I write off all gear, gas, and a portion of my home, boats and truck... don't hate the game, learn to play it-

That's awesome

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
skunk said:
The only issue I have is that I can fish out of state in WA, cheaper than IN state here in OR. So I guess I ask are our fisheryies better or worse managed than Wa?

not any more . check this years cost . it is not cheaper , about the same .

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
Small price to pay for this much fun . IMG_4422.jpgIMG_3261.jpgIMG_6212.jpg_MG_3495.jpg
I fish 2-3 days a week . that breaks down to about 55 cents a day . i aint complainin . my property taxes went up MUCH MORE than the cost of a license and tag . That i complain about ! !

Last edited:
V
viento
The real sales-day value of Oregon homes fell like Arkansas blackbirds, yet the taxman ignores this, and says 'by magic, its really worth more'.
I'd sure like to meet such mythical morons who would pay 2006 prices in 2011! Time for a class action.
Cheers

V
viento
troutdude said:
Perhaps now that we are nearing a membership level of 4,000 OFF'ers...we can have some impact on License & Tag fees, charged by ODFW.

In 2009 (if I recall correctly), a standard resident Angler's license cost $24.50. Then, in 2010, that cost soared by over 34.5% (again, if I am not mistaken), to a whopping $33.00. That is the largest one-year cost increase, that I can recall. There may have been other such gigantic increases; and if there were...maybe we should start another thread.

I wish that I could've had a 34% SALARY INCREASE last year! How about you?

Now I know, that not all of that new revenue was an increase in ODFW's pay structure...but, c'mon man...that DEMANDS an accounting...don't you think???

So, here is a poll to see how OFF members feel about such an ENOURMOUS increase. Did we all see a 34% increase in the health of our fisheries? Do you think that our fisheries were managed well? Do you feel, that ODFW employees deserve a huge pay raise? Let's find out.

The more OFF'ers that post there input here...the more impact we will have on the powers at ODFW. C'mon folks, here is your chance to let them know how you thought that ODFW performed in 2010!

CAST YOUR VOTE, OR FOREVER HOLD YOUR PEACE.

P.S. ODFW employees are more than welcome to chime in, and add comments as you wish.
Every dime of the license increase went to PERS, because that pension fiasco is upside-down, more going out than coming in, totally unsustainable. Oregon is bankrupt, and needs to follow the necessary legalities to void both the PERS and the government union contracts. Then downsize the herd of bureaucrats, and vaporize ODOT, instead of traditional teary eyed cuts to police/fire/emergency-services.

Instead, look for Terminator Jr. Kitzhaber to beg for a Federal bailout, probably on
bended knee, while holding hands with Jerry Brown, Ron Wyden, and Barbara Boxer.
:rolleyes:

S
skunk
FISHHEADMAFIA said:
not any more . check this years cost . it is not cheaper , about the same .

If I don't get the saltwater license its about $10 cheaper. However, my point was why is it even close to the same? I would like to think I could fish my home waters for much less than a neighbor state. Not complaining, I think I get my moneys worth, just observing.

S
skunk
Modest_Man said:

/my two cents.

Well put!

G
GDBrown
Who gets the better bargain?

Who gets the better bargain?

If you look at how many days you can fish per dollar in the two states we have a more generous season than most of Washington especially on the west side of our northern neighbor. We also don't have to buy a separate license for fishing in salt water. I grew up fishing the Puget Sound and we never had trouble getting into fish. Now the seasons are very short and the quota makes it difficult to justify even trying unless you can be on the water every day of the season.

The current price of Out of State license in WA is:
Freshwater = $48.00
Saltwater = $43.00.
That includes a catch record card (like our Salmon/Steelhead/Sturgeon tag) which you are fined $10 the next time you buy a license if you don't turn it in by April 30th or something like that. Additional cards are $12.00 each. Oh, and if you fish the Columbia river or one of the WA tributaries add $8.75 for that permit as well.

And one more thing to confuse you. WA rules are from May 1st to April 30th of the next year, Not Jan1st to Dec 31st.

M
Modest_Man
GDBrown said:
And one more thing to confuse you. WA rules are from May 1st to April 30th of the next year, Not Jan1st to Dec 31st.

The rules are effective are from May 1st to April 30th, but the license is valid from April 1st to March 31st to confuse you even more...

Read pages 12-14 in the WA regulation book. http://wdfw.wa.gov/publications/00957/wdfw00957.pdf