In need of a good wool sweater ... where can I find one?

S

Spydeyrch

Ok, so it has been a while since I have gone out and bought all new outdoor gear. I am having a really really HARD time finding a wool sweater. I used to use them when I would go hiking, camping, alpine climbing, etc. But I have either lost them or given them away. Now I am in need of a new one. I have gone to my usual sites and can't seem to find any that are what I am after.

The closest one that I have found is at Cabelas. But they don't have my size (medium). I guess that I could get the large and then wash it and dry it it make it shrink a little, but that is always a little scary that it will shrink too much!!! :shock:

I have visited REI but they stopped selling wool sweaters a while back. Very sad day in my opinion.

So, where would any of you recommend getting a good sweater. No frills, no name brands required. I just need a good all-around hiking, camping, fishing, outdoors wool sweater.

I found a blog that has a picture of a guy with one that I used to have, but I can't remember the name or where I got it. And .... I don't know the guys in the photo or I would ask them, hehehehe. :rolleyes:

So, any hints, suggestions?

-Spydey

Last edited:
F

fredaevans

As silly as this may sound, give Amazon.com a look. Is there 'anything' you can't buy off that web site? Made many purchases over the course of the past few years and not a 'stumble' in the bunch.

troutdude

troutdude

Next time you get down to Eugene...check out the military surplus store. It's between the U of O and Springfield on Franklin (I think).

H

halibuthitman

the best fishing wool sweater there is .... filsons guide sweater.

S

shimano22

there is a military surplus store in portland on either grand or MLK and i know for a fact that they have wool sweaters there, also next adventure is right there as well and they have a huge bargan basement where people sell their used gear and then the storte resells it, i have gotten some smoken deals including a brad new pair of hodgeman waders for $10

S

Spydeyrch

there is a military surplus store in portland on either grand or MLK and i know for a fact that they have wool sweaters there, also next adventure is right there as well and they have a huge bargan basement where people sell their used gear and then the storte resells it, i have gotten some smoken deals including a brad new pair of hodgeman waders for $10

Hey Shimano22,

Where is Next Adventure? I have never heard of it? I guess I could google it. Sounds like somewhere I should visit soon.

We have a military surplus store here of of TV Highway in Beaverton/Aloha. I should stop by there and see what they have.

-Spydey

C

capblack

keep your eyes open at the second hand stores. goodwill and value village in salem have that sort of thing for good prices.

Top Bottom