In honor of JeannaJigs!

A
autofisher
Picked up BigSteel bright and early this morning after some plans fell through. Went to a couple of spots and started fishing....He with his fly, and myself with my drift gear (brought the fly gear too.......AND YES I THREW IT HHM!!) Dave got the first hook up and the fight was on for a couple of seconds. Something with decent shoulders on it, took his fly and ran like a raped ape. Came OFF and Dave went back to work. Little while later, he gets a nice little trout.

I walked up to my gear, scratched my head and looked at the water. I got rigged up and walked up to my spot and right there in front of Dave and the river I said "In honor of JeannaJigs, I'm gonna fish with a bobber and jig and I'm gonna catch a fish." Now, most of you guys know me.... You know I can't make that kind of promise. I guess the someone smiled at the gesture, because not even 10 casts later.........FISH ON! A beautiful little fighter that gave me quite a few good runs and a great acrobatic show. All in all it was a good day, still wish that I had gotten that last one though..... It was a biggun.

06-25-10.jpg

06-25-102.jpg

Get well soon Jigs. Hope you're feeling better!

Last edited:
M
mgdguy
That is a BEAUTY! :clap:

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Damn that's a nice trout!

F
fishnquest
Dang! those are some beautiful trout.

T
Thuggin4Life
Very nice!

M
Mike123
Dang!! That almost looks like a small nate steely!

J
JeannaJigs
Ohhh so proud you busted out the float and jig. That's twice in one week!! That's a nice feesh to boot. :)

Last edited:
A
autofisher
Mike123 said:
Dang!! That almost looks like a small nate steely!

That's why I put it in this section. It was about 26 inches and fought like a champ.

A
autofisher
JeannaJigs said:
Ohhh so proud you busted out the float and jig. That's twice in one week!! That's a nice feesh to boot. :)

I do what I can....when I can....

troutdude
troutdude
Great job guys. Sounds like a fun day on the ol' H2O.