I'm still alive!! I think...

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
"It's just a bug"..."It's going around,everyone has it"..."Probably just a cold,I don't think it's serious"...
Yep,we all try to convince ourselves and our bodies that we are not really sick. I tried,I really,really tried. By the time my room mates daughter took me to Salem ER at 3:00 Thursday,I knew I was in trouble. Thank you,Dana & Cynthia for insisting I go see a doctor. Thank you Dr.Chaffee for sending me to the ER. Thank you Autofisher,for sitting with me for a lifetime in that little room. Thank you ER staff for getting the wind back in my sails. Thank you mostly God for letting it NOT be a heart attack. I'm still weak enough that I'm concerned about passing out in the hall on my way to the kitchen. I couldn't blow out a candle right now. But I can say "Thank you" to people who care. Thank you all.
Next time I will listen to my own private messenger and get to the doc faster! :pray:

Last edited:
troutdude

troutdude

Wow, that doesn't sound good in any way, shape or form.

Hope you recover fully and quickly!

M

mgdguy

Glad you're on the mend...that sounds scary :shock:

Get better so you can get back out on the water!

B

beaverfan

Get well soon Barb! It's all my fault! If I wouldn't have set my alarm for the wrong time then you would have gotten the rest you needed and this all would have been avoided. Guess I owe you some fishing!

O

Outdoor_Myers

yeah its all your fault beaver :p kidding anyway I hope you get better soon barb you have a month! lol just take it easy and get a little bell and ring it when you need something. try sleeping with your back propped up like sitting i know its hard to do but it increases air intake.

troutdude

troutdude

Barb,

If you're having trouble breathing while you sleep, you might try a plastic mouthpiece made for football players. It takes a little getting used to, but it allows you to breath through your mouth while u sleep. They can be purchased at Play It Again Sports or other sporting goods shops.

Take care...there are some monster fish out there with your name on 'em!

O

Outdoor_Myers

Also you can wait and ambush an old person who has a couple oxygen tanks but some people might find that a bit unethical and immoral *shrugs* lol just get better

O

Outdoor_Myers

Not my fault Palpatine lied to me he said I can have all the oxygen and candy I ever wanted if I just join the dark side, He didn't say I had to take the candy from babies and the oxygen from elder individuals! Im just willing to share my knowledge with others and find a worthy apprentice

L

lilsalmon

Wow, Barb, hope your feeling better. Was at the coast and just read this........I knew you were under the weather...if you need anything you have my cell #...seriously....I mean that. Haven't been to Dallas in a long time. We are leaving in the morning for Crooked River but when I get back I can be at your beck and call.....and I hope you got that bell a going :D

Take care

~Rose~

A

autofisher

Just thought I'd give you guys an update as to what's goin on with my mom. I took her to the doctor a couple of days ago. When we got there the doctor said her oxygen saturation level was very very low. With that , she said to take her back to the ER. I took her down to Corvallis and she's been admitted to the hospital. They've got her on some steroids and breathing treatments. She has pneumonia and is a little weak, other than that she's doing better. I'll tell her when I see her today about all of your kind thoughts. I appreciate the care and responses.
Mike

O

Outdoor_Myers

I had a feeling thats what she might have had :( yeah she just needs to rest and she is very lucky to have a good son like you to watch over her. This weather is nuts and can bring out tons of illnesses just a reminder to everyone if you start feeling light headed lack of air go to the hospital pneumonia is super serious.

G

GDBrown

Mom's

Mom's

Just thought I'd give you guys an update as to what's goin on with my mom. I took her to the doctor a couple of days ago. When we got there the doctor said her oxygen saturation level was very very low. With that , she said to take her back to the ER. I took her down to Corvallis and she's been admitted to the hospital. They've got her on some steroids and breathing treatments. She has pneumonia and is a little weak, other than that she's doing better. I'll tell her when I see her today about all of your kind thoughts. I appreciate the care and responses.
Mike

Glad to see she has a devoted son to take care of her. My mom will be 97 next month and she lives with my brother in Tacoma. I go see her every three weeks or so and I am so glad I have a brother and sister -in-law who will care for her the way I would if I didn't have to work.

Get better!! SOON!

O

Outdoor_Myers

Wow im jeleous of you guys have such wonderful families and got to spend so much time with them always cherish that :)

N

nwkiller

wow, get well soon, the fish will be waitin