I'm jonesin' to go get some trout!

B
badkarma86
Oldhammer said:
Trolling Hills Creek and Dorena have been good to me the past two weeks. Headed to Crane Prairie this weekend.
I was just up there last week and only caught one on bait. We ran some lake trollers and rooster tails with worm and corn but had no luck. First time to the lake so we could have been in the wrong spot.

Edit: hills creek res, not dorena

troutdude
troutdude
@Oldhammer one of our site's Moderators just began a 10-day visit, today, at Crane. I'm not sure what sort of vessel Troutski will be cruising around in. But it would be neat if had a chance to meet him, while you're at Crane.

@Troutski maybe you'll see this and can reply?

troutdude
troutdude
CollinK said:
Landed two of these last weekend on Salmon Creek.
That's a beauty!

Oldhammer
Oldhammer
troutdude said:
@Oldhammer one of our site's Moderators just began a 10-day visit, today, at Crane. I'm not sure what sort of vessel Troutski will be cruising around in. But it would be neat if had a chance to meet him, while you're at Crane.

@Troutski maybe you'll see this and can reply?
@troutdude I think he has already departed! I sent him a PM yesterday. I will keep my eyes out for a 15ft. Smoker Craft hauling them in non-stop!
@badkarma86 Happy to share what I know about Hills Creek if you send me a PM.

Reactions: troutdude and Admin
O
olshiftybiscuits
Clear Lake (the one up on Hood) is fishing off the charts.

Reactions: DOKF and troutdude
Oldhammer
Oldhammer
16hrs on Crane Prairie over two days resulted in only 5 fish in the boat. We focused entirely on the Quinn River arm. No sign of Troutski. (Maybe he caught all the fish?) All reports from people up there is that the bite is super slow.

O
olshiftybiscuits
May/June the lakes on Hood can’t be beat. Crane, Wickiup and the century drive lakes get a lot better in July and august, then again in the fall.

Oldhammer
Oldhammer
olshiftybiscuits said:
May/June the lakes on Hood can’t be beat. Crane, Wickiup and the century drive lakes get a lot better in July and august, then again in the fall.
Yep....word on the street from people up there who have fished cp for years is that this year is slower than a normal may.

Troutski
Troutski
Good day all..
I got back today, what a trip. I looked for any OFFers at Crane but didn't see any one with a Off sticker on their craft. We did catch all the fish in that beautiful body of water. We mainly fished around the Cultus channel deep into it just pasted the huge Beaver Lodge using lures, flies along with Nightcrawlers on the bottom. Flies seamed to be the preferred method by the Giant Rainbows, we tried Quin channel on our last day and did pretty good way back in the sticks and did pretty good. Still no Brookies like before, but the Rainbows were feisty and loved to stump wrap you in a heart beat. Just off Osprey point near Rock Creek camp ground and picked up our largest fish, mostly Native Trout did pick up a few hatchery fish along the west shore line.

Chuck

Reactions: Admin and troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
@Troutski sounds like you had a great trip Chuck! Thanks for letting us know how it went.