Im going to Timothy for my first time.....

S

SDfisher

Well heading there with a friend on Saturday morning. Neither of us have been there so we dont know what to expect or what the hot spots are around there. We will have a small 12" aluminum to drive around and one small cray pot to have fun with. Any helpful hints?????? thanks

Raincatcher

Raincatcher

Less than 50 feet from the Santiam River! :)
Road open?

Road open?

Well heading there with a friend on Saturday morning. Neither of us have been there so we dont know what to expect or what the hot spots are around there. We will have a small 12" aluminum to drive around and one small cray pot to have fun with. Any helpful hints?????? thanks

SDfisher;
Are the roads open up there? I checked the current weather on Boat Escape - Ultimate Oregon Boating, Camping & Fishing Resource | and it will be in the 70's at least. Good luck!
Be safe.
Barb

S

SDfisher

I called the other day and you can get there threw Estacada......

F

Fishtopher

I like to use chicken, hot dogs, and fish guts in the craw traps, and have been most successfull just droppin the trap 5-15ft off the bank, right close to wherever I camp.

As far as fishing, heck, theres fish everywhere in there. I like to use the craw tails for bait. Good luck.

S

SDfisher

Well it was a nice day out there. Fished from 0900 to 1500. I didn't get a thing in the boat. I did hook up three times and had one to the boat but it got off. My buddy had 5 rainbows and one salmon. The crayfish were sad we had 4 traps and got 2. Yes thats right 2. I think the water needs to get water. I will be back there again, had a good time........

Top Bottom