Im going crazy with no fishing!

R
Ryno Smojo
Im beginning to have the winter time blues guys. Im counting down the days until spawn. Buddy and I went out sturgeon fishin but theres nothing like flippin a worm into the rock for a smallie. I really want to get into the tournaments this year, it just seems like work always gets in the way. Anyway sorry to ramble on I had to vent somewhere.

T
Troutier Bassier
just keep waiting, one more month....

B
beaverfan
Troutier Bassier said:
just keep waiting, one more month....

Bass spawn when the water approaches 60 degrees. It's gonna be a lot longer than a month.

T
Troutier Bassier
Pre spawn...

D
Dwavid
Heck yes! Get 'em when they're fattening up! I cannot wait until I can head back out and pull some bass from the rivers. I haven't lived here long, and I've been mostly fishing the Willamette and Tualatin rivers with a lot of luck. I do bank fishing mostly.

Anybody got any good suggestions for places I can go bass fishing that are in the Portland area (roughly)?

I rock a 1/16 oz cone weight, 3/0 hook, and a 4" Mardi Gras Yum Dinger. Never fails me.

C
colbypearson
i got one yesterday about a 2.5lbr if your super desperate for a bass like i always am tough it out go out and slow WAAAAAAAAAAAAY down and youll get bit sometime its worth it its when you don thave to weed through dinks and the big fish bite occasionally they have to maintain weight so by no means think they go hibernate bass eat year round they have lower metabolisms now but they DO eat throw atube-ji-shakeyhead-dropshot etc...slow stuff and try for a few fish they are out there

my buddie kevin turner caught and released a 8lb largmeouth in februay 8th of 2009 i got a few bass in jnauary of this year

give it a try and gie us a report :)

go as slow as you can bear with jigs and stuff you can get some pig bass like that in the dead of winter maybe pray a little too :pray::pray: lol it may help

X
X24
I'm feeling ya on that one! Prime time is right around the corner....

C
colbypearson
how big are the big bass up in the northern part of the state?? a big one here ios about 4lbs+ anything less is a nice one is it the same up there we have a few places with for sure 10's maybe that state record 12.__lbr i have a few confidence spots i plan on trying for her---:)

i got 4 largmeouth over 5lbs in november so i would encourage hitting the water then foooor sure only got 6 bas over 5lbs all year so 4/6 in november is great odds :lol:

but the spawn is around the corner 2-4 months depending on where your at in the mean time im gona savor the winter bass and early early prespawn while i can

been doing good on shakeyheads around here anyone been out for bass in recent weeks?

X
X24
Last summer I pulled in a 6.8 pound large mouth outta lake Cullaby. In a couple of spots I was pulling out some nice 4 pounders. I am working on getting a canoe this year which will change the game up for sure. Last summer I only had the opportunity to bank/dock fish. Most of the lake/pond waters around here get so thick with cover that without a boat there really are no spots. I noticed my pics aren't up so I will have to up load them again.

C
colbypearson
ya we have the same cover with the ponds down here but all of the big fish spend most of theyre time in the trees really makes it a hassle to get them out i have broken off 8+lb bass last year a couple times better luck next year though i guess :pray:

send me a personal message when your pics are back up i would like to see them

T
TTFishon
colbypearson said:
ya we have the same cover with the ponds down here but all of the big fish spend most of theyre time in the trees really makes it a hassle to get them out i have broken off 8+lb bass last year a couple times better luck next year though i guess :pray:

send me a personal message when your pics are back up i would like to see them

You ever fish Crane Prairie? There's a ton of logs and trees in there and I know the feeling of losing a monster in the trees.