IFish , new layout

C
cchinook
Anyone seen the new layout yet ? I hate it . Very awkward to use .
If it ain't broke , do not fix it .

Admin
Admin
I have quite the opposite opinion. Switching from vBulletin to XenForo is a good move because the first one is outdated software and the second one is a modern application. And their custom style is awesome.
Wouldn't it be funny if they use the default XenForo style, as we do, and looked like OFF clone. šŸ˜„

• Haha
Reactions: Snopro and troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
I'd be okay with that Mr. @Admin. LOL

I've just poked around on the ifish site and found it very easy to navigate. So I'm not sure why many are complaining about the layout. But, then, I recall a time when this site changed--and many said the same. Myself included I believe. But I like it now.

Reactions: Admin
Admin
Admin
troutdude said:
I recall a time when this site changed--and many said the same. Myself included
šŸ¤­

plumbertom
plumbertom
IFish used to be one of my daily sites but they started messing with it and it quit allowing me to log in for some reason.

LazyBrewer
LazyBrewer
People are resistant to change.

Admin
Admin
LazyBrewer said:
People are resistant to change.
The third law of Newton. )
For every action (force) in nature there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Two thing people do not like. "They way things are and change.";)

• Haha
Reactions: fromthelogo and Admin
troutdude
troutdude
The only constant is change.

Admin
Admin
troutdude said:
The only constant is change.
"Everything flows, nothing stands still."
Heraclitus, 501 B.C.

Reactions: troutdude and LazyBrewer
Fummus
Fummus
"People are resistant to change."

(in best grumpy old codger voice)

Well of course they're resistant to change, and ya want to know why? Cause change SUCKS!! It's rarely ever "for the better". If perchance it does happen to not suck, it's only to keep a small nearly insignificant ember of hope alive in ya, so that it'll hurt more the next time it does decide to SUCK! You come into this world a blank slate and just about the time you start to figure things out (the dog doesn't like it when you try to pet his eyeball, appreciation of your artistic expression is directly tied to your chosen medium (Crayons on paper are acceptable, but crayons on walls are not. Drawing smiley faces on rocks is OK, but using rocks to draw smiley faces on the side of dads car is not.), and really enjoy yourself, it all ups and changes on you. The two most important people in your whole universe (mom and dad) betray your trust by allowing some stranger to jab you with a sharp needle, and then they start dragging you out of bed way too early and shipping you off to some sort of governmental penitentiary filled with scabby kneed yard apes, for several hours each day. And the jokers running the penitentiary expect you to pay attention to their drivel when there is a perfectly good sunny day just being wasted right outside the windows. Annnnd if that wasn't bad enough, they want you to "play nice" with the yard apes. "NO NO! We need to share the toys and use our words to communicate" Words? I don't need no stinking words. Not when a Tonka truck to the head is so much more efficient.
And that's the way it goes until one day your all grown up and have yard apes of your own. You're just starting to feel like you've got this parenting thing all figured out and then they turn into teenagers!
Bah! Whole things going to pot. Hills are steeper than they used to be, winters are longer and colder and the summers are too hot and too long. Clothes don't fit right anymore, and what used to be called skinny dipping is now more like chunky dunkin. Can't even sleep through the night without getting up half a dozen times to shuffle off to the bathroom, hoping you don't step on the stupid cat in the dark.

Reactions: Admin
S
Snopro
Fummus said:
Hills are steeper than they used to be, winters are longer and colder
And that would be a bad thing? :unsure: