iFish.net was hacked - hope OFF isn't next!

G

GungasUncle

I just tried logging on to iFish real quick, and instead of iFish, there was a black page with a video, and banner up top that reads "HACKED BY TEAM ANIMUS"

Jackwagon hackers anyway.

I hope they don't turn their obviously too-much-time and attention toward OFF!

C

ChezJfrey

Apparently, a bunch of sites that use the same application code were hacked in the same way at the same time. I'm guessing this site doesn't use the same codebase, so nothing to worry about at the moment.

Catchy tune, isn't it? LOL!

E

eggs

OFF is running the most recent version of vBulletin where it appears ifish was a couple years behind and vulnerable

E

eggs

Trying to keeping up with hackers is my job.. millions of oregonians credit card and personal information relies on it..

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
Eggs you are starting to scare me. We are one wired world now. Makes me want to get rid of the credit cards and toss the computer. Thanks for keeping the hackers at bay!

brandon4455

brandon4455

everything is working fine over there..the only thing out of the ordinairy is it says g"hacked by tean animus" under everyones avatar..

E

eggs

From the sound of things they are on the right path but far from fixing everything this hack did.

brandon4455

brandon4455

they have made a thread there and apparently a lot of forums in the past few days have been hit.

Last edited:
S

Spydeyrch

Trying to keeping up with hackers is my job.. millions of oregonians credit card and personal information relies on it..

Hey eggs, if you don't mind me asking, what is it that you do for a living? You have interested now. :D

-Spydey

E

eggs

Information Security for AAA Oregon/Idaho. Securing all membership information and credit card information I also makie sure we are in compliance with several regulations such as PCI-DSS(level 1) is my job. Keeping up with the latest vulnerablities and making sure they don't apply to us is an important part of keeping us safe from what they call "0 day" attacks.

G

GungasUncle

Nifty Eggs - I'm a service contractor for AAA. You work with the IT folks downtown much with the AVL system?

E

eggs

Yea I am in IT downtown.. I don't work much with day to day application support though

S

sherman

Information Security for AAA Oregon/Idaho. Securing all membership information and credit card information I also makie sure we are in compliance with several regulations such as PCI-DSS(level 1) is my job. Keeping up with the latest vulnerablities and making sure they don't apply to us is an important part of keeping us safe from what they call "0 day" attacks.

My wife is the ISO for Office of Field Security, OI&T, for the Dept of Veteran's Affairs, she does all of the compliance and documentations for the FISMA, SSP CP, etc. All the remote Access and manages about 1500 users. It is a good job and she loves protecting the Veterans vital information. She just got back from the Federal training center back east & is working on her cissp certification. More $$$

E

eggs

I am taking my cism cert in Dec. Someday I hope to be a CISO or CIO.... like your wife I enjoy the satisfaction of securing all this data, even with the risk involved.

Top Bottom