If anyone wants to fish tomorrow...

M
Modest_Man
Let me know. Rivers might be a tad high for what I like (spinners) but I need to get out regardless and I don't fish weekends when the water is going to be looking good. I'm willing to go pretty much anywhere...the Wilson/Trask/Nestucca/Clackamas/where ever.

Just caught my first steelhead last week so I'm still figuring this stuff out.

troutdude
troutdude
Oh man, I would SO love to hit the 'tucca! But, I gotta work. And I'd like flinging spinners too.

Good luck, and have fun (and be safe) where ever you go.

M
Modest_Man
Big reason why I try to find a buddy is a safety issue. I like to cover ground and try new spots and that involves lots of wading and hiking around. By myself no one would know where I was if anything were to happen to me (fall in, break a bone, etc.) and phones don't usually work where I fish.

My dad's friend snuck off one lunch break to fish a little by himself and fell off the trail and fractured his leg in three places...thankfully his cell worked otherwise he probably would have died since no one knew where he was.

I always leave a note with the river I'm fishing and an estimated time of return (only had the family call the cops once when I didn't return...fishing was just too good so we stayed late) but so many times plans change. Good to have someone else with you out on the water.

K
kayakkid
pm sent I would like to fish!

M
Modest_Man
Planning on the Nestucca early with Drew9870. Feel free to join. Going to be fishing around 7am hopefully. If tomorrow doesn't work out I've got all sorts of free time next week. Like the whole week off...Not good for money but sure is good for fishing.

troutdude
troutdude
Modest_Man said:
Big reason why I try to find a buddy is a safety issue. I like to cover ground and try new spots and that involves lots of wading and hiking around. By myself no one would know where I was if anything were to happen to me (fall in, break a bone, etc.) and phones don't usually work where I fish.

My dad's friend snuck off one lunch break to fish a little by himself and fell off the trail and fractured his leg in three places...thankfully his cell worked otherwise he probably would have died since no one knew where he was.

I always leave a note with the river I'm fishing and an estimated time of return (only had the family call the cops once when I didn't return...fishing was just too good so we stayed late) but so many times plans change. Good to have someone else with you out on the water.

You have a VERY good SOP in place! Safety first!

brandon4455
brandon4455
good luck guys... i'd go but you know the story lol

brandon

S
skunk
troutdude said:
You have a VERY good SOP in place! Safety first!

I do believe the correct reply is 'safety third', thanks Mike Rowe!!!