Idiots with boats

W
wormosa
i have to say, i truelly believe some people should not be able to own a boat, i have seen some really stupid people out there, enough said lol

R
Rascal
agreed

B
bigdog
Yeah but same would be said for cars and everything else out there lol. I know what you mean though

W
wormosa
bigdog said:
Yeah but same would be said for cars and everything else out there lol. I know what you mean though
very true bigdog lol .... every week-end i notice the idiots on the ramp sand then you have to deal with them on the water as well..just so little respect out there for the other boaters

troutdude
troutdude
Yep, I hear ya man.

On opening day at Hagg, our boat was actually smacked into by an idiot. He was literally paying attention to NOTHING about his direction...only to his frickin' rod. I tried to get out of his way, but was unsuccessful because I only had trolling speed. Plus, he turned and went right into the lane of my "evasive maneuver"! I had to hold my buddy back from smacking that guy around. My buddy and I were pissed; because my buddy's trolling rig got all wrapped around our motor.

Plus, just before our "encounter". I had just watched that same idiot cruise right by the bank...about 30 feet out and literally right across a lines of about a dozen bank fishermen. One of the bankies was chucking rocks at him, to get him to turn...and that idiot was OBLIVIOUS to even the rocks splashing all around him!!!

OKAY...I'm calmed back down now...

breathe...count to ten...breath...

LOL

Last edited:
C
czoom
100% agree, some people just act dumb on boats. While fishing, you just have to stop and shake your head, "HOW STUPID"

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Now imagine how we all look to the fish...lol ;-)

M
Metz84
wormosa said:
i have to say, i truelly believe some people should not be able to own a boat, i have seen some really stupid people out there, enough said lol

I agree 100%.. It seems like every time I go bank fishing some Idiot with a boat gets caught on my line! Now I fish bottom so you can imagine how close these Idiots are to the bank! Same rules apply just like cars Look and know your surroundings people!

T
the_intimidator03
czoom said:
100% agree, some people just act dumb on boats. While fishing, you just have to stop and shake your head, "HOW STUPID"

Actually I would take a little more action than stopping and shaking my head because it could cause someone to lose their life. I would see this as a serious issue and A. get the gentlemans attention and tell him about the dangers and B. give law enforcement a heads up on the gent.

F
Finneus Polebender
Metz84 said:
I agree 100%.. It seems like every time I go bank fishing some Idiot with a boat gets caught on my line! Now I fish bottom so you can imagine how close these Idiots are to the bank! Same rules apply just like cars Look and know your surroundings people!

if they be runnin that close Id entertain the thought of steel aircraft wire and a weight have fun getting that out your prop buddy LOL