Ice Man is done

B

bigdog

Well we got the UFC 115 tonight and lets just say Chuck The Ice Man is done. At the end of the first round Franklin knocked him out cold and did this with a broken arm to boot.
We were expecting this fight to be better then it was I mean come on it The Ice Man and he got cold kocked by a guy with a broken arm. I will have to say the hit that Franklin knocked Chuck out with was one lucky hit though.
Well the rest of the fights were good at least. I was so expecting a better fight with Chuck and Franklin but goes to show just never know what is going to happen and some people should stay in retirement.
So who else saw it and what did you think?

CJ

Last edited:
T

TTFishon

I saw it and I was surprised to see it end so quickly. I think Chuck should retire and I don't know what's in store for Franklin at 205. Kudos to Evan Dunham the Eugene native. He beat Tyson Griffin with a split decision.

B

BlackBass

I watched the fights tonight as well. Liddell was winning the first round with some heavy shots and a take down. He had some big kicks which one broke Franklings arm. I personaly t hink the punch that retired Lidell was far from a lucky shot. Franklin is world class and well lets face it chuck comes in and throws big shots and sometimes over pursues his opponents. He got caught with a heavy shot that would of knocked most men out. Chuck liddell is one of the greatest fighters in MMA history . I was realy impressed with the CRO COP fight when he mirko attacks and dictates the pace he is tough for anyone to handle. Was also very impressed with the Carlos condit fight, he did what a octagon verteran is supposed to do. Good fight card all the way around and im happy to of spent the 45 bones

B

bigdog

It was a good card all around and worth it to get it. Crocop fight was a great fight. Maybe lucky was the wrong word to choose, it was a good hit but to me looked a little lucky though not fully on purpose. Was a counter swing that happen to land in the just right spot. I'm not in the least bit saying Franklin isn't good, he looks to be very good and looks like he is going to have a great future, besides I don't know many people that can get a broken arm and keep going to win a fight against someone like Chuck let alone anyone.

T

Throbbit _Shane

Those were better fights then last time. Pat Barry should of finished crocop, ground and pound after one of those knock downs.

T

TTFishon

Those were better fights then last time. Pat Barry should of finished crocop, ground and pound after one of those knock downs.

I thought the same thing in the Crocop fight. Pat Barry had two chances but failed to capitalize on them. I'm sure he will learn from this loss.

B

BlackBass

Barry had the opportunity to ground and pound after his second knock down punch. However he is one dimentional within his own mind. He came into that fight only willing to knock out Mirko. I liked the show of respect between the two fighters , in the second round with 36 seconds to go they start to hug eachother like there on a prom date :) I havent been impressed with Cro Cops UFC fights however his Pride fights were crazy. Fighters fighting 3 times in a day in a open weight division with rules that would scare most fight fans . I was also impressed with Condits opponent Rory Macdonald that kid looked great until he got caught in the 3rd round and Carlos hurt him bad, i like how in the post fight interviews he said "man he was hurting me bad i remember taking a shot from him early in the round and after that i was just hurt. Great attitude for an up and coming UFC fighter with tons of potential.

Top Bottom