Ice fishing

B

butler132

I Ice fished the lake yesterday for the second time this year, there is at least 12" of ice. There Seems to be an abuntant of Kokane not much larger than 6", We spent 5 hrs fishing in the morning and caught plenty of them and one brook trout about 12".

T

Throbbit _Shane

try powereggs on the bottom. there should still be plenty of those large rainbows in there.

N

Ntofishing

I Ice fished the lake yesterday for the second time this year, there is at least 12" of ice. There Seems to be an abuntant of Kokane not much larger than 6", We spent 5 hrs fishing in the morning and caught plenty of them and one brook trout about 12".

I was just talking about trying that out this year. Any particular spot to try? Maybe try that this weekend.

P

pdx89

butler132,
Is the the Fish lake near Lake of the woods? if so, then could you or someone else shine some light on how to ice fish. i moved to K-falls area not too long ago and wanted to do some ice fishing in the winter.Thanks in advance.

T

Throbbit _Shane

iv personally never done it. might do it soon though. from what i read in the paper they rent ice augers at the resort. but i think its only open fri-sun.

you should use real short rods, like kids size or crappie size. id use bait, but big enough chunks where the small trout and landlocked salmon wont take it.

I fished the lake in october and their are quite a few large trout. i used powereggs to catch them.

N

Ntofishing

I am going to try and get up there this weekend, hopefully Ill be able to take some pictures. From what I am told the fish bite REALLY softly and that is the reason for the sensitive rod. I was thinking of using the old worm and shrimp oil trick. Might have to try those powereggs too.

T

Throbbit _Shane

I am going to try and get up there this weekend, hopefully Ill be able to take some pictures. From what I am told the fish bite REALLY softly and that is the reason for the sensitive rod. I was thinking of using the old worm and shrimp oil trick. Might have to try those powereggs too.

Good luck! ill either go fish the rogue or ice fish there or lake of the woods sunday.

N

Ntofishing

Cool. I hope to go tomorrow but who knows. I am itching to catch the first fish of the year since I got my license early. I hope you have good luck also Shane.

Top Bottom