Ice bergs !

O
Orgwayne
Son and I went to the Alsea weds early am , did not stay to long because of the ice floating , and ice jams in some spots , plus water way down. NEEDS to warm up a tad.and need more h2o .
Wayne

J
JeannaJigs
Geez! I'm supposed to be taking my boat up there Thursday to drift the Alsea...it best start defrosting!!

T
TTFishon
JeannaJigs said:
Geez! I'm supposed to be taking my boat up there Thursday to drift the Alsea...it best start defrosting!!

It's suppose to get back up in the 50's next week. Hopefully only a couple more days of this crap which is about to get worse, icy wise.

J
JeannaJigs
TTFishon said:
It's suppose to get back up in the 50's next week. Hopefully only a couple more days of this crap which is about to get worse, icy wise.

I'm kinda worried, supposed to be driving the 5 tonight after work(Veneta to Dallas). Hoping it holds off until I get to my destination!

T
TTFishon
JeannaJigs said:
I'm kinda worried, supposed to be driving the 5 tonight after work(Veneta to Dallas). Hoping it holds off until I get to my destination!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya and for myself. I leave for work at around 8 PM. From Marcola to Albany. Then I get to learn how to sand, or plow, or both, tonight. Should be interesting. Anyway, I hope you make it to your destination safely.

M
Mike123
JeannaJigs said:

It'll be fine... I'll bring my cuttin torch.. We'll defrost the river our selves. :lol:

J
JeannaJigs
Mike123 said:
It'll be fine... I'll bring my cuttin torch.. We'll defrost the river our selves. :lol:

Lol. You go right ahead and do that lol. Reminds me that my friend (the genius that lysoled her dogs ears...) had the bright idea to spray the surface of her koi pond with cans of de-icer so she could feed them....you can imagine what that did to the fish.

M
Mike123
JeannaJigs said:
Lol. You go right ahead and do that lol. Reminds me that my friend (the genius that lysoled her dogs ears...) had the bright idea to spray the surface of her koi pond with cans of de-icer so she could feed them....you can imagine what that did to the fish.

You have some really DUMB friends... :lol:

J
JeannaJigs
Mike123 said:
You have some really DUMB friends... :lol:

Just one lol.

Gotta say, she makes me feel like a genius sometimes, and always gives me something redonkulous to laugh at. When we were kids, I thought she'd get smarter...but 20 years later...still the same person I went to kindergarten with lol

L
lilsalmon
Those are the best kinds of friends....Drive safe..I am leaving Albany at 330 a.m. to get to Salem and then head out up I-5....

J
JeannaJigs
lilsalmon said:
Those are the best kinds of friends....Drive safe..I am leaving Albany at 330 a.m. to get to Salem and then head out up I-5....

I was driving that way to crash on barb's couch for the night, so I wouldn't have to drive so far tomorrow...and I didn't make it more than 20 miles on I-5. Solid sheet of ice, VERY BAD. I almost had a truck take me out when he cut me off and started to fishtale out of control. I swear every single emergency vehicle that springfield and eugene have where helping people in wrecks on the five. So I won't be there tomorrow, I turned around and creeped home...traffic was slowed down to 20 mph and even then people were sliding around. If you do go, be safe...it's not worth it to me though for a fishing trip because I think tomorrow up north is only going to get worse. So don't be stubborn! I'm as stubborn as ever but I did have to admit defeat when I was sliding around with traction tires with studs.

L
lilsalmon
I am glad you got home safely....I am stubborn too but not stupid. Will be at the rescheduled Drift Off fer sure....:D

T
Teo
JeannaJigs said:
I was driving that way to crash on barb's couch for the night, so I wouldn't have to drive so far tomorrow...and I didn't make it more than 20 miles on I-5. Solid sheet of ice, VERY BAD. I almost had a truck take me out when he cut me off and started to fishtale out of control. I swear every single emergency vehicle that springfield and eugene have where helping people in wrecks on the five. So I won't be there tomorrow, I turned around and creeped home...traffic was slowed down to 20 mph and even then people were sliding around. If you do go, be safe...it's not worth it to me though for a fishing trip because I think tomorrow up north is only going to get worse. So don't be stubborn! I'm as stubborn as ever but I did have to admit defeat when I was sliding around with traction tires with studs.

Glad you made it home safe. My wife was in the same mess coming home from Brownsville at 4:00. Freaked her out, but she made it home safe. The Alsea will be there next week too, and nobodies catching anything at the moment anyway.

Teo

T
TTFishon
I was lucky enough to drive on it for 14 hours straight, but at least I got paid for it.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
White knuckle driving

White knuckle driving

TTFishon said:
I was lucky enough to drive on it for 14 hours straight, but at least I got paid for it.

Dang,I am glad to see it wasn't you in the sanding truck in Lebanon! I was also wondering how white your knuckles are by now. Do you guys have to pull the wrecks off the road or leave them for the tow trucks? Good to hear you're home safe.

T
TTFishon
Raincatcher said:
Dang,I am glad to see it wasn't you in the sanding truck in Lebanon! I was also wondering how white your knuckles are by now. Do you guys have to pull the wrecks off the road or leave them for the tow trucks? Good to hear you're home safe.

Sanding truck in Lebanon? Or are you talking about the one that went into the Alsea? I'm sure my knuckles were pretty white. I know my shoulders are sore from being all tensed up. Nope, we don't pull the wrecks off the road we leave em for the tow trucks, but we were getting requests all night from OSP to sand around the areas of the accidents to help the tow trucks get some traction. All in all it was a good first time sanding experience for me.