I want to float the Clack

A
AlaskaKid
I am getting a pontoon boat and this will be my first time float. What would be the safest strech on the Clack? Before I always used motorized boats so this will be new to me. Any advice?

C
capblack
i dont think i would reccomend any part of the clack for a first float. find some calm water on another river, and get to know your tune, and then, find someone that knows the clack and see if they would float it with you

J
JeannaJigs
capblack said:
i dont think i would reccomend any part of the clack for a first float. Find some calm water on another river, and get to know your tune, and then, find someone that knows the clack and see if they would float it with you

O
OnTheFly
Got you covered man! The Barton to Carver float is calm enough to take down in a float tube if you wanted to and so is Carver to Clackamette Park. Pontoon boats would be no problem. It is a very popular float for rafters in the summer and we do it all the time. I live 2 miles from the Carver boat ramp.

A
AlaskaKid
Onthefly: Thank you very much for the scoop! I look forward to it. alaskaKid

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
OnTheFly said:
Got you covered man! The Barton to Carver float is calm enough to take down in a float tube if you wanted to and so is Carver to Clackamette Park. Pontoon boats would be no problem. It is a very popular float for rafters in the summer and we do it all the time. I live 2 miles from the Carver boat ramp.

You might have to do a float with Bobbi and I sometime!! We ended up not going last weekend, but will very soon!