I think I found crazy.

L

lizardman

The power company had people out working on the lines yesterday..... I wouldn't want this job at all

IMGP2424.png

IMGP2429.png

IMGP2431.png

Distance aproximately 1/4 mile. lens is Sigma 600mm f8 mirror on a Pentax K20d (so aproximately 800mm of focal length with the APS-C sensor).
Dave

L

lilsalmon

Cripes......there is no amount of money that would get me up there........:shock:

F

fishnquest

Coming home last week we saw two guys hanging on a line off a helicopter going 100mph+!!!! They picked them off those tall power poles; CRAZY STUFF! I couldn't get my camera in time.

L

lizardman

I think if I were to do the job I would have to drink a pint of high octaine a night just to steady my nerves.

Heights never used to bother me until I fell off of an airplane wing (I was wearing a safety strap attatched to 20 feet of rope) and dangled above the ocean until I was hoisted back onto the ship, after that I don't even like being on a six foot ladder.

Dave

O

OnTheFly

My brother-in-law is a lineman. They're All crazy! BTW..the guy on the line trolly is installing wire spacers.

Last edited:
K

Kodiak

Banned User
THAT IS SOO COOL!
Where can I apply?!?

BPA, Idaho power, pacific power, PGE. Look for openings and apply. They want basic algebra skills and proof that you have passed on your genetics, that you can party like a rock star, and can't catch chinook...your a shoe in!

Top Bottom