I think I am going to cry ...... tears of joy!!!!!

S
Spydeyrch
So it finally happened!!! After months of reading, research, asking questions, and actually doing it a little, I FINALLY got my own fly rod!!! I couldn't be happier with the price, brand, warranty, model, action, size, weight, etc. :dance:

Part of the reason that it took me so long is that I have two small kids (4 & 3) and a third on the way. so money is tight sometimes and things happen when least expected. I think we visited the doctor's office around a total of 8 times in 3 months!!!! For sinus infections and other things. So something was always taking away my opportunity.

But not this time!!!:naughty: I do a little side job of customizing, maintaining, fixing, cleaning, etc computers as a hobby/extra income. So I was finally able to get enough together to get the rod! I had been buying everything else here and there, little by little. The reel, the line, leader, tippet, flies, nymphs, cases, etc. But this about finishes it all.

I bought an Echo Solo 9' 5wt 3piece. It has a life-time no questions asked warranty.

I can't wait to get out and use it!!

I wanted to thank everyone that contributed to helping me research, understand, and answer my questions. You all have been extremely helpful.

So again, thank you everyone for you assistance and recommendations.

I feel like a little kid!!!! Yippeeeee!!! hahahaha lol

Hope to see some of you on the water. Take care!!

-Spydey

P.S. Sorry about bragging and all, but I just had to share my excitement!!

G
GottaLoveFishing
Congrats and enjoy

M
mrlindeman
Hey man nice job!!!!!!!!!!! Now we gotta get to the water and catch some fishes! :)

S
Spydeyrch
mrlindeman said:
Hey man nice job!!!!!!!!!!! Now we gotta get to the water and catch some fishes! :)

Thanks Mr.Lindeman. Yeah, we got to get out there and get some fish!!! I really want to go do some small stream stuff and maybe some high-alpine lakes/streams. We will need to plan something for when trout season opens on the streams. But until then, we have the lakes!!!

-Spydey

troutdude
troutdude
Congrats Spydey! I hope you have tons o' fun w/ that new rig.

And good on you, for taking care of your family first.

V
Van
Grats. Most of the better quality fly rods have life time, no questions asked guarantees. BTW, what reel did you go with?

F
FishFinger
excited for ya, looking forward to some epic stories connected to that rod.

E
everett464
Echo Solo is a great Rod. I use one for my big game fishing, and have never had an issue.

Tim Rajeff doesn't skimp on the blank, but lowers the price of his rods with more inexpensive components. All of my first rods are Echos, and I think at all of his price points he makes about the best rods out there. Nice purchase. Let us know what you think.

What did you go with for a reel?

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Not a brag! This is a fishing forum! You worked hard and managed your funding according to your family needs, you deserve it!!!!

You're going to have a blast, man. Congratulations!!!

S
Spydeyrch
everett464 said:
Echo Solo is a great Rod. I use one for my big game fishing, and have never had an issue.

Tim Rajeff doesn't skimp on the blank, but lowers the price of his rods with more inexpensive components. All of my first rods are Echos, and I think at all of his price points he makes about the best rods out there. Nice purchase. Let us know what you think.

What did you go with for a reel?

Yeah, I am looking forward to using it on the water!!

As far as the reel goes, here is my post on THAT (sighs) :rolleyes: matter

I saw you post in that thread but thought I would connect the dots, just in case. :D

I have to head back to the fly store today to resolve that issue. I will see how it goes. ?

-Spydey

V
viento
I hear when the ice first gets off the edges of the lakes in Newberry Crater area, that big trout go wild after nymphs and streamers. May someone
with experience can verify this?
Cheers

S
Spydeyrch
NICE!!!! :yay::yay::dance:

That should be AWESOME!!

-Spydey

V
viento
Kinda like when the cops hear on the radio, that a Krispy Kreme store is being robbed,
in minutes, there'll be dozens trying to get each doughnut!

S
Spydeyrch
viento said:
Kinda like when the cops hear on the radio, that a Krispy Kreme store is being robbed,
in minutes, there'll be dozens trying to get each doughnut!

hahahahaha, that would be hilarious to see!!!

-Spydey