I spy steelies!!

S
specreck
I went out with my two year old son today to scout for some steelies and maybe catch some Cuts, no Cuts but we did see some big bad boy steelies. I was targeting mostly deep holes on this creek but wasn't seeing anything but every time I would pick up my son to cross this creek in shallow water sure enough I would spook some steelies. So I hope I learned today and will target both deep and shallow water and leave my son at day care. My son likes to fallow me into the water so after a few changes of clothes we were done. Keep your eyes out.....tomorrow I will let yall know how I do.

B
bigdog
Oh but not going to let us know where lol good luck and don't forget the pics

S
specreck
I have to first catch the fish, then share the place....maybe, I've been sworn to secrecy by a member from this site;)

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Ifisher!!! :cool:

K
Kodiak
Smells of Troutski

Smells of Troutski

I have a feeling this special place might be known to a specific moderator.....I can't say for sure...but my spidey senses are tingling.:lol:

C
chris61182
GraphiteZen said:
Ifisher!!! :cool:

Yeah and he made the post mid-week, just in time to send the crowds out for this coming weekend! I bet he won't even be fishing this weekend!! Booo hiiisss, flame! :D J.K.

C
chris61182
specreck said:
...and leave my son at day care. My son likes to fallow me into the water so after a few changes of clothes we were done. Keep your eyes out.....tomorrow I will let yall know how I do.

Now on a semi-serious note, I've found that's an incredible way to build upper body strength! Keep taking the little tyke out, it'll do the both of you some good.

Troutski
Troutski
What...

What...

Kodiak said:
I have a feeling this special place might be known to a specific moderator.....I can't say for sure...but my spidey senses are tingling.:lol:

What a guy can't save a few spots for himself.....

Chuck

G
GrillMaster
F
Fishtopher
Funny, I just read in a different thread; "You can go fishing, or you can take your kids fishing, but you can't do both." :lol:Struck home for me for sure.

K
Kodiak
Lol

Lol

Troutski said:
What a guy can't save a few spots for himself.....

Chuck

It was just a random shot in the dark chuck!..LOL..I'm ment no harm:lol: Kinda like throwin darts in the dark, and actually hit the bullseye:clap: plus with the day I had on the river it was like hitting my buddy square in the seat of the pants with the second one when he bent over to pick up his wallet:dance:

S
specreck
no steelies

no steelies

Jeez, didn't think holding back info on an area would be such a big deal....it's only out of respect to others on this site, otherwise I have no problem sharing info. Anywho, went back the next day to find the steelies but no such luck as it would be. We fished what seemed at least a mile stretch of water wading and hiking the banks, not a bite, and no fish in site. Not even little pesky cutthroats wanted to jump on my line.
So I took my friend to several other creeks and I hooked up with some nice rainbows throwing spinners and flying with nymphs. My friend on the other hand continued to catch only trees and was getting frustrated with his lack of fish and my abundance. So for the last few hours of the day I decided to abandon ship and head towards hope mills in hopes that they had finally stocked it. I had visited there on Monday and had called everyday up till wed. but it had not been stocked. Sure enough we get there and there was quite the crowd of people. Fish were jumping and I finally thought I would get my friend on some fish. after 15 minutes of being there I had my limit with prince nymphs and after two hours my friend finally caught his only fish for the day and screamed out "I DON'T SUCK...I CAUGHT A FISH." By that time the crowd had cleared after the State police had been checking out everyone from the distance with his binoculars and came and wrote at least 4 families tickets for not having a lic.
That was my day, good trout fishing for me, my friend had fun in the end, and the steelies are still out there for someone......somewhere...:lol:

Last edited:
S
specreck
sealice

sealice

So I just did a real quick googel search on sea lice and yep that's what my fish had on it. So do our regular trout get sea lice too, or could that have been a real small steelie? sorry guys, don't know much about a steelhead.

F
Fishtopher
Sea lice are from the sea. 'Bows stay in the river/stream. Steelhead go to sea. Sooo....you spied steelies...PM sent too.:)

C
chris61182
specreck said:
Jeez, didn't think holding back info on an area would be such a big deal....it's only out of respect to others on this site, otherwise I have no problem sharing info.

I hope you didn't take me seriously, I was just joking around and having a little fun. I absolutely respect a person's choice to not share anything they don't want to from a fishing report.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Yeah man it was all sarcasm. :D:D I highly doubt any person on here would criticize any other with serious intent.

So.... You gonna give up the spot or NOT!?! ;) Keep it for yourself if you like I doubt anyone cares. Nobody is obligated to give up anything if they don't like. :cool:

M
mikeredding
Fishtopher said:
Funny, I just read in a different thread; "You can go fishing, or you can take your kids fishing, but you can't do both." :lol:Struck home for me for sure.

That is no joke. I have tried that one and it was disastrous a couple of times!

Troutski
Troutski
Little Fall Creek...

Little Fall Creek...

GraphiteZen said:
Yeah man it was all sarcasm. :D:D I highly doubt any person on here would criticize any other with serious intent.

So.... You gonna give up the spot or NOT!?! ;) Keep it for yourself if you like I doubt anyone cares. Nobody is obligated to give up anything if they don't like. :cool:

O.K. I will spill the beans, the place in question is Little Fall Creek part of the Middle Fork of the Willy near Springfield. Quite the run this year, very nice fish. Along with the best Chinook catch rate in more than 5 years. IF any one else wants a semi guided trip shoot me a pm and I will exchange e-mail address and ship you a home made map. This little gem is quite the treasure....Cutthroat,Rainbow,Steel and Chinook all within 20 min of my house. The reason he was so tight lipped was my fault, I swore him to secrecy..

Enjoy - everyone.

Chuck

F
Fishtopher
Count me out...

Count me out...

20 minutes from your house huh? Thats about the amount of time Im willing to drive from my house to fish...Sooo if your 120 minutes away from me, :think:well, if my math is right, that's one less guy at yer fishin' hole!:lol:

S
specreck
Troutski said:
O.K. I will spill the beans, the place in question is Little Fall Creek part of the Middle Fork of the Willy near Springfield. Quite the run this year, very nice fish. Along with the best Chinook catch rate in more than 5 years. IF any one else wants a semi guided trip shoot me a pm and I will exchange e-mail address and ship you a home made map. This little gem is quite the treasure....Cutthroat,Rainbow,Steel and Chinook all within 20 min of my house. The reason he was so tight lipped was my fault, I swore him to secrecy..

Enjoy - everyone.

Chuck

Well there you go guys!!! Hope those who do go enjoy, one of my favorite places even when I don't land a fish!