I know there must be a trip for me.

plumbertom

When I lived in SoCal finding an open party fishing trip was not only simple but the biggest problem was deciding which one you preferred.
I have in past years fished most of the boats that ran from San Diego and all along the coast up to Ventura harbor and a couple that ran out of Morro Bay.
But it seems to be a hard thing to find here.
Open party trips, where an individual could book solo with any number of other solo riders up to the boat limit, seems to be the exception here in Oregon.
I'd like to find a bottom fishing trip out of the coastal area between Coos bay and Yaquina Bay without having to pay $150 for a half day adventure, preferably on a week day..
Any suggestions?

plumbertom

Didn't read what I posted?
If I had $250. to spend on a fishing trip I wouldn't need to ask advice.
But I just get by on my small SS income and even manage to do a little recreational fishing a time or two each month.
I might be able to scrap up $80-$90 or so by foregoing a couple of trips to the Bays with my small boat.
I'd really like to get one more open water trip I really miss fishing the big water, even just a nearshore trip would be great.
Which is why I was asking about Open Party rock fishing.

Snopro

I might be able to scrap up $80-$90 or so by foregoing a couple of trips to the Bays with my small boat.
I'd really like to get one more open water trip I really miss fishing the big water, even just a nearshore trip would be great.
Which is why I was asking about Open Party rock fishing.
How hard did you look? Less than 20 seconds googlefooing and I came up with Dockside charters in Depoe Bay. Looks like a 5 hour rockfish/lingcod trip is $90.

Depoe bay is a great experience.

plumbertom

well, I tried to limit it to within about a two hour Drive from home.
I'm in Eugene, so that makes Yaquina Bay to he north and Coos bay south the range I was looking at.
I've never been to Depoe bay but I see it's not that far from Newport.