I have Monday OFF....

E

eggs

I need ideas of what to do... go swing for steel in empty rivers of the valley(Sandy or Clack)? Go travel a couple hours to fool some trout in the central part of the state(Big D, Crooked or Metolius)? Go travel a couple hours and swing for steel on the coast(Wilson or Nestucca)? Anyone else wanting to hit the rivers?

M

Markcanby

If I were you eggs I would head for the coast. As for wanting to hit the rivers. Hell ya! but can you call my boss for me?

O

OnTheFly

Sorry man but I gotta work. Not much good news coming from local rivers yet. I'd go coastal like Mark said

G

Growbug

I was thinking of putting a few hours in on the Mo on Monday... at least i am hearing that there are fish being caught..
This steelie season has been weird!!

S

Sinkline

Eggs, keep in mind a lot of snow fell Central & East this last week. Can ya get where you want to get?

I'm gonna fish Stillwater on the coast tomorrow but had plans to be on N.Twin (right now) which I could have gotten to last week, but not now.

Randy

E

eggs

Me and my buddy are going to hit up the Big D for some hungry trout

B

bigsteel

have fun bro,were headed to the middle fork willamette

E

eggs

My buddy hurt his back at the gym but it ant stopping me from feeding some hungry redsides!

M

Markcanby

Do you have to keep rubbing it in?

E

eggs

Yes yes I do.... to make you feel better it will be 20 degrees outside when I get over there..

E

eggs

Man what a day... walked locked gate.. sun. tons of trout and only saw 4 people all day..

Started off slow but by 10 the trout were hungry! Hook. 12 landed 7.. couple of the ones I didn't land were big boys and had that 3wt bent.. nymphed all moring with a #16 black mayfly nymph w/ copper rib under a #12 black stone /w red rib and brown shell on its back....killllled it! about 2 BWO hatch bloomed and the dry fly came out.. only got a couple with a #14 gray body BWO..
2011-02-21_14-27-20_617.jpg
2011-02-21_11-31-20_543.jpg

troutdude

troutdude

I wonder if that trout felt a bit disoriented...since they rarely swim upside down?

Sounds like a NICE day, even though it was chilly.

E

eggs

By 9 it was hoodie weather.. the sun really warmed things up..

Fishing that section of river by yourself on a sunny winter day calms the soul(between the 'fish on').

S

skunk

That's one of my fav. rivers, just about anywhere on it and I'm good to go. Fish or no fish, I long for that side of the mt's.

E

eggs

Start tying cream colored mayflies hahaha

Damnit need new threads..

Top Bottom