I had duck for dinner, now I understand....

S

Slick

...why everyone eats chicken.
I love duck. Just gotta know how to cook it. 99% of people overcook it. That's what makes it taste like liver. Duck must be served rare. I've eaten duck that tasted as good as steak. It was cooked by a fellow hunter and chef from Portland at a duck hunting weekend on the Columbia down by Cathlamet.

M

Mad dog

I love duck. Just gotta know how to cook it. 99% of people overcook it. That's what makes it taste like liver. Duck must be served rare. I've eaten duck that tasted as good as steak. It was cooked by a fellow hunter and chef from Portland at a duck hunting weekend on the Columbia down by Cathlamet.

+1 :clap:

J

JAFO

Yeah, it's pretty bad when you gotta lick your own butt just to get the taste out of your mouth.
Oops! Is that pushing the rules a little?

G

GraphiteZen

Well.. "lick mud", or "lick the ground" might have been a little nicer... :lol:

C

ChezJfrey

I will agree that duck tastes quite good if cooked properly, and quite bad if cooked wrong.

While somewhat unrelated, I will also agree with the poster that said rabbit is better. When I was in college, I roomed with a buddy of mine and we prepared rabbit for Easter once...it turned out to be an excellent idea and I've had it many times since! For some reason, my wife doesn't like my annual proposal to cook it for our kids on that particular holiday :)

Last edited:
brandon4455

brandon4455

a1 steak sauce,cooked rabbit or deer= flavor explosion in the mouth

B

BobbiDollPDX

Bo, your duck is in the garbage now. Just saying.

And if it was that bad, you shouldn't have kept trying to get me to eat it.

Top Bottom