I got trout to clean

O
Outdoor_Myers
I got to go FISHING YAY!!!! AND NOT SKUNKED!

H
halibuthitman
Outdoor_Myers said:

:clap::dance::clap::dance:

O
Outdoor_Myers
pretty fun for my day pass caught a couple fish :) thanks to my gf's cousin. Well I never cleaned trout before so I tried to filet the first one kinda screwed up so I cut the head and guted the other two in oven now with seasons hope they turn out good.

M
McMudpuddle
pics or we wont believe it!:D

Kidding, glad to hear someone caught some fish!

H
halibuthitman
Outdoor_Myers said:
pretty fun for my day pass caught a couple fish :) thanks to my gf's cousin. Well I never cleaned trout before so I tried to filet the first one kinda screwed up so I cut the head and guted the other two in oven now with seasons hope they turn out good.

Ha! my mom used to always make me cut the heads off my trout, or she wouldn't cook them, I guess they gave her the evil eye from the frying pan:shock:

T
Throbbit _Shane
Outdoor_Myers said:

Nice going OM. Now you need a annual license. That the way i do it cut the heads off and remove the guts and blood. wrap in tin foil and toss in oven :D

T
TTFishon
Good job Dude! I never cut the heads off unless it's an accident. When I fry them up I know the fish is done when the eyes turn white.

I
Ideceivefish
pics or it didn't happen

:D

S
solution7
OM good job, I only took one picture all day and it was of the largest one we caught.. I will post it later.. All told we came away with 6 trophy size (16" plus) between the three of us.. The best part was when you nailed one on like your fourth cast in Oregon waters on a lure!! The other cool part was having two hookup and landed exact same time, thanks for grabbing that pole and bringing her in!!

Really shoulda took more pics just wasn't feeling the photography thing the past few days, too busy fishin!!

B
bigsteel
:dance::dance::dance::dance:good job....let us know how they turn out.....whered you get em at?

S
solution7
Huddleston Pond, Willamina..

Last edited:
D
dude young
Sweet man! Good work outta you. Yeah, I always cut the heads off my trout too. I stuff them with some chopped onion, butter, minced garlic and some lemon slices and fresh parsley. Then wrap them in foil and out on the grill they go. Oh man, my mouth is watering.

J
jathrtn
Same ol'

Same ol'

dude young said:
Sweet man! Good work outta you. Yeah, I always cut the heads off my trout too. I stuff them with some chopped onion, butter, minced garlic and some lemon slices and fresh parsley. Then wrap them in foil and out on the grill they go. Oh man, my mouth is watering.

I COOK MY TROUT THE SAME WAY MINUS THE PARSLEY! I ALSO ADD A LITTLE BUTTER! I ALSO COOKED MY FIRST STEELY IN THE SAME MANNER! JUST WISH I COULD CATCH ANOTHER STEELY! IM BEGINNING TO THINK IT WAS A FLUKE! NEXT TIME I WILL ADD PARSLEY AND SEE IF I LIKE IT! MMMMM MMMMM MMMMMM! :cool:

Troutski
Troutski
Congrats...

Congrats...

Outdoor_Myers said:

Right on, you were closer to the water than I was. Trout taste pretty good after you catch and clean one for the first time. You should make this a permanent thing, catching fish like that your a natural:cool:
Tight lines...

Chuck

W
wormosa
Outdoor_Myers said:
gj om ....catch a million more

G
GDBrown
Who needs heads?

Who needs heads?

TTFishon said:
Good job Dude! I never cut the heads off unless it's an accident. When I fry them up I know the fish is done when the eyes turn white.

I never keep the heads on, They don't fit the pan!:lol:+

Try going to Home Depot and getting a cedar fence board, cut it into lengths that fit the BBQ. Soak them under water overnight so they are completely saturated. Place a layer of tin foil under the board and place fish on top with whatever seasoning you like, place a tent of foil over fish and cook with the lid on the BBQ until done. Best tasting fish you will ever have... Works for any size trout or salmonoid.

Keep up the good work!!!

GD

O
Outdoor_Myers
Yay they where tastey! I shared them with my gf's son, and his friend. I baked them since we dont have a grill, but they where fantastic

O
Outdoor_Myers
Yeah it was awesome on of solution's friend came over and was like wow you caught him on that lure?! lol It was a sweet day

A
Anyfishisfine
solution7 said:
Huddleston Pond, Willamina..

Nice, that's where I caught my first fish ever.

O
OnTheFly
GDBrown said:
I never keep the heads on, They don't fit the pan!:lol:+

Try going to Home Depot and getting a cedar fence board, cut it into lengths that fit the BBQ. Soak them under water overnight so they are completely saturated. Place a layer of tin foil under the board and place fish on top with whatever seasoning you like, place a tent of foil over fish and cook with the lid on the BBQ until done. Best tasting fish you will ever have... Works for any size trout or salmonoid.

Keep up the good work!!!

GD

Hey GD, this is also the best way to cook carp but after it's done throw the carp away and eat the fence board.:lol: