I got a Nucanoe Frontier!

bass
bass
My son and I picked up a Frontier on Saturday. I got the kayak, the deluxe swivel seats and the nice paddle. We left the "store" and went to Walter Wirth lake for a test paddle. We paddled around and made a few casts here and there but mostly just enjoyed being out on the water. The swivel seats were great since Zach could spin around and talk to me. After a while I just slowly paddled around the lake. I figured, what the heck and I tossed out a panther martin and held the rod with my legs while I paddled and we talked. Surprisingly I had two really hard hits, but I missed both. My son loved it! I am so psyched. It was one of my favorite days on the water ever!

I knew it was stable, but it is truly amazing. My son and I took turns standing up and rocking the boat - never felt like there was any kind of problem. I love this thing. Yesterday I made a cart out of PVC and cheap wheels from Harbor Freight. Spent about $40 and it seems like it works really well. I have only rolled it back and forth in the garage but I am pleased.

Here is a picture of the new ride with the cart tossed in the back (next to my Outback):

ENtwx0N.jpg

Here is my son Zach enjoying the maiden voyage.

eQhkg9p.jpg

I think that my family and I are going to have a great time with the newest addition to the fleet. Thanks for all the input while on the earlier thread.

John

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
:clap: ​I'm green with envy!! Enjoy!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Nice little boat there! Are you gonna take Zach out fishing for sturgeon in it?

J
Jay Herb
Nice boat and thanks for the report as Iam thinking about one of the Nucanoe Frontier but Iam almost 68 and want to be sure that I can enjoy it.
Look forward to more of your reports about your new boat, have fun and good luck fishing. Jay.

H
handmethewrench
That is awesome

T
TimberTodd
I knew you would be impressed once you tried it out. I am excited for you guys. Enjoy!!!!

W
wozniasm
Congrats to you and Zach! Hope you guys get more time out with each other!

H
Hawk
Looks like you & your son will be having many wonderful FUN times...:cool::cool:

GreatPurchase.
:lol:

M
meluvtrout
Is there a deal at a store? I was looking for one of these and waiting for a deal.

bass
bass
Raincatcher said:
:clap: ​I'm green with envy!! Enjoy!

Ha ha. I had originally wanted a yellow (mango) for safety but Rob (on the water sports in Salem) did not have that color and I wanted to get one this weekend. When I checked the coast guard site they recommended lime green or orange as safest and then yellow. So Rob had the lime green and the rest is history :)

O
Outdoor_Myers
bass said:
Ha ha. I had originally wanted a yellow (mango) for safety but Rob (on the water sports in Salem) did not have that color and I wanted to get one this weekend. When I checked the coast guard site they recommended lime green or orange as safest and then yellow. So Rob had the lime green and the rest is history :)

Where is this store located? By any chance do you know if they rent out kayaks? or help you find exactly what you are looking for?

bass
bass
Throbbit _Shane said:
Nice little boat there! Are you gonna take Zach out fishing for sturgeon in it?

I hope I can get him a sturgeon this year. River is starting to get busy with power boaters. Might have to wait for fall. However, I see a long summer with a lot of bronze in it for sure :)

bass
bass
Thanks for all of your valuable input. You and Gettin Jiggy Wid It really gave me a lot of great insight!

bass
bass
wozniasm said:
Congrats to you and Zach! Hope you guys get more time out with each other!

Thanks. We went out and paddled around in the Tualatin today. When we got there it poured amazingly hard, but Zach just laughed and said it was fun. We probably only made about 50 casts, but still had a great time. On the way home he said we should do this every weekend. I am still smiling.

bass
bass
meluvtrout said:
Is there a deal at a store? I was looking for one of these and waiting for a deal.

Rob throws in an invasive species permit for free, but otherwise I just paid list. Not sure if he ever has sales.

bass
bass
Outdoor_Myers said:
Where is this store located? By any chance do you know if they rent out kayaks? or help you find exactly what you are looking for?

4260 center St NE. I am not sure if he rents them or not. He only sells Nucanoe, it is just a small shop. However Rob was great to deal with. The phone is 503-508-3326.

T
Tinker
Nice ride! Zach's a good-looking kid, too. Looks like a lot of good times to come for both of you.

If you put it into a river, could you let us know how it worked? The NuCanoe looks like it could be the plastic drift boat we've been waiting for.

J
jrbecca
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
sweet, that was at the top if my kayak list and I almost got one, only reason that I didn't was a used Hobie PA12 that I just couldn't resist... most likely our first 2 person kayak will be a Nucanoe Frontier...cheers.

C_Run
C_Run
bass said:
Rob throws in an invasive species permit for free, but otherwise I just paid list. Not sure if he ever has sales.

I checked them out two years ago before I bought a kayak. He had some at a reduced price then that he had taken around to shows. Maybe he still does that.