I fought the cutthroat and the cutthroat won...

S
SmallStreams
It was a classic shootout, over in ten seconds.

Charged me and went floppy on the surface and just shook the hook out like a dog shedding water. I couldn't reel fast enough to keep the line nicely tensioned, darn it. That was a nice fat searun again, too!

Why are the big trout so good at frustrating us?

troutdude
troutdude
LOL. Been there, done that. Sorry you missed it.

Mind if I ask what stream? (I'm planning to hit the Siletz very soon--got blueback itis).

F
fishtales
Lure if so what kind? Just wondering. Those cutthroat will even bite at the last second. How far out where you?

S
SmallStreams
troutdude said:
LOL. Been there, done that. Sorry you missed it.

Mind if I ask what stream? (I'm planning to hit the Siletz very soon--got blueback itis).

Necanicum River.

My fishing buddy heard all the splashing (he was just out of sight) and he couldn't figure out how/why I was doing it. I should ask him why he didn't think of "fish", LOL.

S
SmallStreams
fishtales said:
Lure if so what kind? Just wondering. Those cutthroat will even bite at the last second. How far out where you?

Riverfisher spinner in brass, #2. First cast was most of the way across the 25' wide deep & slow pool and was hit after no more than 5' of retrieval.

No_Bad_Skunks
No_Bad_Skunks
Heh...reminds me of the time years ago when I hooked into a nice Kamloop Rainbow out of Poore Lake, California. After spitting the hook, he jumped two more times...

Now...I KNOW fish don't have fingers, certainly not middle fingers....but to this day there remains no doubt in my mind as to what he was saying to me.