I don't know what to do

igquick

The first fish I've ever caught on earth was a catfish at Firwood Lake in Laurelhurst Park. So honestly speaking, I've been fishing this Lake for years on and off. Been able to take my Nieces and Nephews out to their first bass in numerous quantities; although have seen some gigantic ones in there. The population is so dense, that the bass actually feed on each other.

A few days ago, I was approached by park rangers claiming that I wasn't allowed to fish in there. I told them there aren't any signs posted, only ones that say no swimming or wading.

I called Portland Parks & Recreation Director Adena Long and she claimed that rule became in effect last year, and that she had an url stating the inquiry. She told me she was going to send me it, but I gave up and hung up.

Is there anything I could do to prevent this non fishing rule or anything?

troutdude

If there is now a law on the books; I'm afraid that there's nothing you can do about it. At least nothing short of a long drawn out, and expensive, legal battle.

bass

Most Featured
Sorry to hear that. If I were you I would call back and ask why it was closed and ask if there is any way to reverse the decision. Perhaps if you got enough signatures on a petition or enough letters written to the right person the situation might be reversed. It could have happened due to one annoying person constantly complaining. Your job, be even more annoying. The squeaky wheel gets the grease when it comes to public policy.

Top Bottom