I caught 4 fish today, Now what?

L
Lunkerhunter5000
Hey everyone,

I am new to the forums and to fishing. I caught 4 catfish today at sauvie island (sturgen lake i think)

There still alive swiming around in the bucket right now. How longwill they live in there and how do you reccomend I kill them before trying to cook them?

Thanks!

G
GDBrown
Welcome to the OFF gang! I'm not sure if you can kill a catfish, don't they have nine lives?
I would use a club to the nogin, then clean them right away. As for cooking them you'll have to get advice from someone else.
Again Welcome to the Fourm, and learn to enjoy the humor here because there is plenty of it!

L
Lunkerhunter5000
Cool. Do you think they will until tomrrow morning for me to club them in the noggin and clean them?

F
Fishtopher
NO! clean em quick and stick em in the fridge. Or your neighbors car if the back window is down.

G
GDBrown
Fishtopher said:
NO! clean em quick and stick em in the fridge. Or your neighbors car if the back window is down.

You been watching "Grumpy Old Men"?

A
Anyfishisfine
Make sure you skin them and remove the strip of yellow fat down the sides. A pair of pliers comes in handy for getting the skin off, you can do it in one pull.

L
Lunkerhunter5000
Ok. Ide Rather wait tell morning to dothis though. WIll they survivein the bucket overnight full of lake water?

A
Anyfishisfine
Yeah, catfish are hardy. Guys would stuff them in sacks and they would live hours without water.

L
Lunkerhunter5000
Ok, Thanks A lot.

A
Anyfishisfine
How did those fish hold up overnight?

L
Lunkerhunter5000
There all still alive! They must be very hardy, Ive had them in the 5 gallon bucket of lake water for around 16-18 hours now.
The tricky parts going to be cleaning them, Ive never done that before and dont have a filete knife.