I bought a ticket to the club!

bass

That is nice. I have a Renzetti Traveler that I love (although I have not tied since I started kayak fishing). I need to get back to doing that. I remember it being a very calming, zen-like experience.

Have fun!

troutdude

This video shows you how to tie the infamous Jim Teeny flies. Jim is a fellow Oregonian. I've fished these in brown, black, and olive green just a foot, or two, sub surface in lakes. With deadly results on dozens of unsuspecting trout, on my favorite lakes. Sometimes I fish them solo. Other times i use them in tandem, with Woolly Buggers. And try different color combinations.

Have fun my friend! I'd love to know if they work on the species, in your part of the world. As well as they do here in the Pacific Northwest.

Anatoliy

Admin
That is nice. I have a Renzetti Traveler that I love (although I have not tied since I started kayak fishing). I need to get back to doing that. I remember it being a very calming, zen-like experience.
Have fun!
Do I need a magnifying lamp or a head magnifier? Which one is better? Can I use those if I use reading glasses?

Irishrover

Nice looking streamer. That ought to land you some pike. Fly tying and fly fishing are a lot of fun. I have a Griffin Mongoose vice. A number of years ago we had some great fly swaps here on this form. They were put together by Fishfinger a darn good fly tier. Another great tier was Onthefly. I wonder if those swaps are in the archives, I'll check as there was some nice looking flies tied by folks here on OFF.

Anatoliy

Admin
A number of years ago we had some great fly swaps here on this form. They were put together by Fishfinger a darn good fly tier. Another great tier was Onthefly. I wonder if those swaps are in the archives, I'll check as there was some nice looking flies tied by folks here on OFF.
I remember. Mokai also posted some outstanding realistic flies.

Aervax

Tie a dozen of those before fishing. You're going to lose half of them on the river bottom and the other half on the back cast in the willows and tall grass growing on the bank. The goal would be to catch at least 1 fish before they are gone.??

Anatoliy

Admin
Well, the Teeny Nymph is too light for my ultra light spinning rod. Ordered head beeds & lead wire.

troutdude

@Anatoliy I have a solution. Which has allowed me to nab hundreds of unsuspecting trout; literally.

Tie a torpedo bobber onto your main line. Then tie 4 - 5 feet of leader onto the end, of the torpedo bobber. At the end of the leader tie on a Nymph (Woolly Buggers are also just as good). Then about 12 inches above the fly; crimp a small "BB" sized split shot onto your leader.

You will be able to easily cast this set up. With your fly dropping down just a bit under the surface. Left it drift down stream at the same speed as the current. Or, in a lake, SLOWLY retrieve it. Or if you're in a float tube just barely kick 2 or 3 times. Then glide for several feet. Then repeat that pattern.

FISH ON!

hobster

@Anatoliy I have a solution. Which has allowed me to nab hundreds of unsuspecting trout; literally.

Tie a torpedo bobber onto your main line. Then tie 4 - 5 feet of leader onto the end, of the torpedo bobber. At the end of the leader tie on a Nymph (Woolly Buggers are also just as good). Then about 12 inches above the fly; crimp a small "BB" sized split shot onto your leader.

You will be able to easily cast this set up. With your fly dropping down just a bit under the surface. Left it drift down stream at the same speed as the current. Or, in a lake, SLOWLY retrieve it. Or if you're in a float tube just barely kick 2 or 3 times. Then glide for several feet. Then repeat that pattern.

FISH ON!
Cheater! That’s not fly fishing! :) I have never attempted that being a fly fisherman ( for trout) but my buddy has and he slayed em. Best technique to fish flies without a bug wand.