I asked for help a few years ago and still need good direction!!!

• Thread starter jewestcoast@hotmail.com
  • Start date
J

jewestcoast@hotmail.com

So this is the long and short of it:
I love to trout fish, almost as much as I love to play golf. Because my employer has moved to summer hours I am now off at 3:30 and free to drop a line after work for the entire summer. My passion is small stream and creek fishing where I can move freely up and down, look for holes and walk (or drive) throughout the location.

My question is this: Because of limited time I am hoping that someone in this community can direct me to some holes that would be within 30-40 miles of me, give or take. I live in Washington County, Hillsboro to be exact. Please don't direct me to the Wilson River...I have fished there this summer and even though it is beautiful, and close, the trout fishing sucks. I caught about 20 rainbows there last time I went, not a single fish over 8". That is not what I am looking for.

This summer I have had some success on the Little N. Fork of the Santiam (landed a monster, maybe 17") and an awesome little stream outside of Sweet Home that no one seems to know about or fish. I was in these areas due to golf outings.

If anyone could send me to a fishing spot near where I live I would be forever grateful.

Thanks!

troutdude

troutdude

Try the upper Nestucca maybe? I've not fished it's upper reaches. But, it might be someplace you could try and maybe within your driving distance.

And I think that the upper Nehalem may also meet your requirements.

B

beaverfan

The Wilson is about an hour from Beaverton and has decent trout fishing

B

BigShayne

:lol: Clearly someone didn't read the thread.

K

ketts05

that little stream you're talking about could it be quartzville creek? Sorry I'm not sure how to link google maps to it quickly, but its due east of sweet home north of green peter reservoir.

Top Bottom