I am a beginner bass fisherman

F
fishingperson
hello i need to know everything about bass fishing what rod and reel to get what baits to use where to fish and how to setup the rod and reel i am super confused about fishing and i need a lot of help and i relley want to do bass i just don't know how to fish them and also are there big bass in oregon:):):):)

F
Fishpdx
First you need to know where you going to be fishing and what type of fishing you are going to be doing. There's baitcasting,spinning,fly fishing. Most people use baitcasters but spinning works great too. Personally I use a medium light rod 6-12 lb and 12lb braid on my baitcaster. I throw jigs,spinnerbaits,topwater,senkos,spinners. For size of bass you can find some places with big bass , I mostly catch 1-2 lb bass so I don't need heavy rod and line. Try googling bass for beginners. And decide whether your fishing baitcaster or spinning.

C
Choptech
check out the informative fisherman on youtube. His videos will teach you a great deal about fishing for bass.

F
fishingperson
thanks you guys i am located in oregon and in the summer i was going to get started do you know any good place to catch bass in oregon

F
Fishpdx
Where are you located? Columbia river has some good bass so does willamette. But you might find ponds or lakes that are close by and hold a decent amount of bass.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
You've already found the bass forum, start reading the archived posts now and you will be ready by summer.

Y
Yianvey
Hi thier Carp how are u today may I ask? U seem to know about bass fishing. N on the weekends I go to hood river to look for bass fish but I can't find any lake or ponds n river to fish at?? Can u Plz Plz tell me where to go to caught bass in the hood river Dallas areas at?? N what is the name of the bass fishing place call may I ask you?? Sorry to bug you I just want to go bass fishing but can't find any good spots n if u know any off of freeway I 84 east. Then Plz tell me n what does bass eat for baits may I ask thanks for ur time n will be waiting for ur reply have a great day takecare! Sorry to had bug u

F
Fishpdx
Yianvey said:
Hi thier Carp how are u today may I ask? U seem to know about bass fishing. N on the weekends I go to hood river to look for bass fish but I can't find any lake or ponds n river to fish at?? Can u Plz Plz tell me where to go to caught bass in the hood river Dallas areas at?? N what is the name of the bass fishing place call may I ask you?? Sorry to bug you I just want to go bass fishing but can't find any good spots n if u know any off of freeway I 84 east. Then Plz tell me n what does bass eat for baits may I ask thanks for ur time n will be waiting for ur reply have a great day takecare! Sorry to had bug u

If your talking about dallas on the columbia, then just look for rocky structure and lot's of cover, mostly anywhere on the columbia, I live in portland and visit john day river during the summer for bass, one of the best bass fisheries out there. You can try mouth of deschutes river where it enters columbia I've caught a 7 pound largemouth there. But you have a lot of places on the columbia, use google maps and look for parking spots and sometimes you can see the structure. If you can I would recommend going to john day river, it's in rufus and try le page park , bass are biting now and you can also catch a bunch of different fish too.