Hypothectical question!

Hypothectical question!

• Deffinetely yes!

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Maybe, depends on the cicumstance's.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Hell no!!! Oregon is the best state in the country...never getting me out of here!

Votes: 16 69.6%

• Total voters
M

Mad dog

Being the vast majority of us on this forum are Oregonians, I have a question for the forum. Would any of you guys ever pick up and move out of state, possibly a tropical Island or a foriegn country? To do this you would have to give up most of your possessions and leave behind everything you know and love about Oregon.

I was in the Navy in 1982 and swore that I would never leave Oregon for the rest of my life, but yet....here I sit facing the reality of moving to somehwere that is pretty far away from what I have known and loved in Oregon for most of my life!

18406ej

I'm sorry to hear that you are contemplating leaving...I love Oregon because it has everything from the coast to the mountains to the desert. I would never leave Oregon for any of the other states that I have seen, but I have been to some foreign countries and would move to Australia in a heartbeat if I could. Of course I would have to take my extended family with me, and I don't see that happening, so here I will happily stay.

N

n8r1

I would move if the opportunity was right. With the line of work I'm in and the company I work for, there's a distinct possibility that we would move overseas or elsewhere in the country for an extended period of time (2-5 years). While I would miss Oregon tremendously, it would be an awesome experience. My goal would be to eventually move back to Oregon though, because I love it here too much to leave forever.

brandon4455

brandon4455

oregon is where i stay.

M

Modest_Man

I lived on Oahu in Hawaii for 4 years (went to college there). The Pacific Northwest is way better...as soon as I finished up I moved back. I grew up in Washington and would consider living anywhere in the Pacific Northwest - Western Washington, Western Oregon, and most of British Columbia, Canada. Maybe Western Montana or Northern Idaho too.

T

Throbbit _Shane

I plan on staying in Oregon for quite some time. Unless something comes along... :D

C_Run

C_Run

Although we like to travel and see different places, I would not leave. Been in western Oregon all of my 55 years. If we can get to Hawaii every five years or so, that takes care of my tropical island fix.

D

DYJ

I've been to Mexico and Jamiaica a couple times and really hated to leave, but I am always happy to get back to Oregon. So I'm gonna say no I'm not leaving Oregon anytime soon. Not to mention my wife has to be close to my inlaws, I think just to torture me....

H

Hawk

I will be here till the end of the big Party. Next time i mite come back a Bald Eagle...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mad Dog, are ya thinkin' about the Big Island?

B

BankWalker

I wouldn't leave for anything! I was born and lived in oregon until I was fifteen and then my family moved to Southern California. Lets just say I was counting the minutes until I could get back.It took me five years and meeting my Wife who is also from Oregon to find my way home. I guess the best thing about leaving is when you get back you love it even more.

Also couldn't Imagine starting a family anywhere else. It's like at a certain age Oregon calls it's own back to spawn. heh

I've also visited a few states in the east,south and midwest and if they knew what we have here they would flood the place.Thats part of the problem these days Oregon is getting a little full for my taste.

C

capblack

im getting tired of the weather in the northwest, but central oregon is as far as id consider moving. dont plan on leaving Oregon

troutdude

troutdude

I've had opp's to move to other states. But, I'm a sixth Gen. Oregonian and plan to stay here until I kick the bucket.

M

Mad dog

I will be here till the end of the big Party. Next time i mite come back a Bald Eagle...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mad Dog, are ya thinkin' about the Big Island?

Ya....kinda!

My wife has a job offer in Honolulu....I just need to figure out how to live on the big Island as much as possible! :lol: My mom lives in Kona so I would be fine with my wife commuting home on weekends! :D

M

Modest_Man

I lived just north of Honolulu in Manoa (went to UH Manoa...). There are about seven times more people living in Honolulu than on all the other islands put together, and you can drive around the whole island in 2.5 hours. If you're seriously considering it just remember that living in Hawaii is a lot different than vacationing in Hawaii. Once you venture out of the tourist traps there is a lot of poverty and discrimination against whites. It was very interesting being a minority.

If you have any questions about living in Hawaii let me know. Be prepared to pay $5.00 a gallon for gas and $7.00 a gallon for milk....

You can catch fish like this in freshwater though!
100_0737.jpg

100_1219.jpg

Last edited:
D

DB Crouper

Enough said.:) How could I leave this?

Attachments

• clam4.jpg
    clam4.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 29
  • springer.jpg
    springer.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 25
  • big buck.jpg
    big buck.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Donnie with S @ boat.jpg
    Donnie with S @ boat.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Brown kids 2-14-09.jpg
    Brown kids 2-14-09.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 23
  • 100_0767.jpg
    100_0767.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 28
  • elkmarch 005.jpg
    elkmarch 005.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 20
M

Mad dog

I lived just north of Honolulu in Manoa (went to UH Manoa...). There are about seven times more people living in Honolulu than on all the other islands put together, and you can drive around the whole island in 2.5 hours. If you're seriously considering it just remember that living in Hawaii is a lot different than vacationing in Hawaii. Once you venture out of the tourist traps there is a lot of poverty and discrimination against whites. It was very interesting being a minority.

If you have any questions about living in Hawaii let me know. Be prepared to pay $5.00 a gallon for gas and $7.00 a gallon for milk....

You can catch fish like this in freshwater though!
100_0737.jpg

100_1219.jpg

I know what a Howlie is....I understand the discrimination that will be invovled! Being my mom lives in Kona, I more than understand what I would be in for! ;)

Personally, I would never leave Oregon given the chance! It's hard being married sometimes!!! :rolleyes:

Irishrover

Irishrover

Most Featured
I am so close to getting my pioneer fishing and hunting license, ummmm not going to give that up. Did the travel thing in my youth, always looked forward to getting back to Oregon. If I want to dodge the rain I head over to Central Oregon. If I want more rain and wind I head to the coast. As for leaving the good ol' USA and living on an Island Uncle Sam set me up on Luzon for about 18 months. I was most happy to depart! DB great pics!

M

Mad dog

I am so close to getting my pioneer fishing and hunting license, ummmm not going to give that up. Did the travel thing in my youth, always looked forward to getting back to Oregon. If I want to dodge the rain I head over to Central Oregon. If I want more rain and wind I head to the coast. As for leaving the good ol' USA and living on an Island Uncle Sam set me up on Luzon for about 18 months. I was most happy to depart! DB great pics!

Oh, trust me....no way in hell am I giving up my Oregon residency!!! ;) I might wind up living there awhile but I will still claim an Oregon address! I want that free fishin' license as well! Plus, I have accumulated about 5 million or so preference points! Gonna draw those hunts one of these days! :rolleyes:

C

colbypearson

i dont want to go somewhere tropical but i want to get the heck out of here!

M

Modest_Man

It's haole! ;)

Just saying Big Island and Oahu are about as different as you can get while still being on the same island chain. I'd take Big Island any day over Oahu.

Last edited: