Hydrofloat line help

R
RLK
I just bought a spool of the P-Line float line and am having some trouble making a line to line connection. This line is 10lb test and I am trying to make a line connection to 8lb mono leader. I have tryed the albright knot and the nail knot with no success. I have never used line like this before and the two knots I have tried usally work well for me. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
Rich

F
FishAssassin
This is float fishing line so just use a inline weight with swivels built into each end and you won't have to worry about tying the lines together.

R
RLK
Any weight would come close to sinking my float, and if I'm using a 6 foot leader or more the swivel gets in the way.

T
the_intimidator03
sorry i have no input for your connection but i was just thinkin inline weight for a floating line? hmm LOL defeating the purpose GL with your line connection tho

O
Outdrsmn
My advice, throw away the line. Its junk.

R
RLK
Outdrsmn said:
My advice, throw away the line. Its junk.

So far it seems to be working good for me all but the knot thing. It casts good and mends well.

F
fishindude
I was watching a local fishing program this weekend " Hawg Quest" , he was using P-line Hydrofloat and used a surgeon's knot to join it to his monofilament leader . Just "Google " fishing knots . Hope this helps . Dave:cool:

R
RLK
I've always dreded that knot, for me much harder to tie than some of the other ones. I guess I'll have to give it a shot and practice with it. Thanks for the info, I'll have to give it try first thing.
Rich

R
Razz
Slim Beauity great knot for this line

S
steelheadstalker31
Why would any weight sink your float? Is it that small or are the jigs that heavy? If you use a slip bobber set up, a six foot leader won't be an issue, and you could just use a barrel swivel to connect the two lines.

T
the_intimidator03
i think the weight referance was an inline weight for line to line connection which would void the use of this line that floats better.

R
RLK
steelheadstalker31 said:
Why would any weight sink your float? Is it that small or are the jigs that heavy? If you use a slip bobber set up, a six foot leader won't be an issue, and you could just use a barrel swivel to connect the two lines.
My floats are that small. I've seen way to many fish spook when a big bobber hits the water specially in low and clear conditions, 99% of the time I use a small float to spook less fish.