Humbug Lake

T
TTFishon
Is this lake private? Has anyone fished it?
eoff lake oregon - Google Maps

Says Eoff Lake because that was the lake I was looking for when I found Humbug.

Bass Man
Bass Man
Looks nice, you would think someone here in OFF who lives in the Independence area would have some info on this Humbug Lake. I'll do some more surfing on the internet highway to try and gather some info.

Last edited:
J
jhawks10
Bass Man said:
Looks nice, you would think someone here in OFF who lives in the Independence area would have some info on this Humbug Lake. I'll do some more surfing on the internet highway to try and gather some info.

Does anyone know about this lake? I'd be interested in finding out if it's public or not...

T
tomriker
stop google earthing private ponds TT :lol:
i know the farmers that farm around it, not sure if they own it, but since it's in the middle of their field.. one would think it's private? ill have to ask

J
jhawks10
tomriker said:
i know the farmers that farm around it, not sure if they own it, but since it's in the middle of their field.. one would think it's private? ill have to ask

Yeah that's what got me is it's location; at the same time it's right next to the Social Security Hole, which is public. I've seen fishing reports online that say it's a great place for all sorts of fish species but they all say something to the effect of "check the local area to see if this location is open to the public". My wife is out of state for one more day and I was hoping to go fishing somewhere close, and I live in Independence. Just hope the weather clears up -- I just got over a nasty cold!

T
tomriker
just drive down the road, check it out see if there's any signs posted

J
jhawks10
tomriker said:
just drive down the road, check it out see if there's any signs posted

Will do, thanks Tom. If it's closed to the public, would you happen to know of any other good spots nearby?

T
tomriker
nope, sorry i don't usually venture out from my own place :)

J
jhawks10
tomriker said:
nope, sorry i don't usually venture out from my own place :)

Fair enough, thanks anyway :-D

T
TTFishon
tomriker said:

Hahaha! Man, this is an old post. It probably is private. Looks really good though.

T
tomriker
Oh ha yeah I just looked at the date of the original post :)

T
TTFishon
That was just before I got my job in Albany and I was scoping out some local water. lol

J
John B
Reply to Humbug Lake

Reply to Humbug Lake

Humbug lake is a private farm lake owned by Dave Setniker of Setniker Farms. Hasn't been open to the public for at least 20 years.
The property is posted and the signs are visible.

T
tomriker
John B said:
Humbug lake is a private farm lake owned by Dave Setniker of Setniker Farms. Hasn't been open to the public for at least 20 years.
The property is posted and the signs are visible.

that's who i thought it belonged to, i went to highschool and wrestled with one of his kids!

brandon4455
brandon4455
i have family that had permission to fish it way less then 20 years ago..heck less then 10 years ago... it is 100% private now though..dont have permission anymore.. more people found out about the place people started sneaking in and that was it.. dads cousin caught a 9lb largemouth out of there it grows some monster fish thats for sure

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
TTFishon said:
Hahaha! Man, this is an old post. It probably is private. Looks really good though.

Always lookin for new water TR lol, will have to see if I can do some reconassance next time I happen to be up that way . It does look sweet. oops guess I should have read page 2 no need to bother anybody about that lake!

S
Sawyer
I fished Humbug when I was a kid, to my knowledge it is public. The road may not be public access, but you should be able to walk in. The lake used to get fresh water from the river every winter allowing for Carp to get in, but the Crappie, Bass, And Bluegill are still abundant. The house on the corner of Halls Ferry and Independence Hwy was the land owners home at the time, but it has been about 20yrs since I have been back...Can't hurt to stop by and ask.

C
cole5
Humbug Lake

I know this post is old but I checked it out and the pond is 100% private and located in private fields that are clearly marked with no trespassing signs. Too bad!

H
hostalapapa
Humbug Lake is located on private property. It is not open to the public. No Trespassing signs are posted.