Lakes Hult Pond Fishing Reports

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
All 12" or smaller......

Took the fiance out with some friends on their kayaks after work today, got to Hult about 4pm and did one circle on the lake. Water is clearer than ever, had to get smaller baits until they would start hitting, which meant a lot of dinks! So I broke out the micro lite trout rod and had a blast!

3-4" senko on a 2/0 EWG hook did the trick

Saw a MONSTER bedding fish, she has to be 5lbs+, hasn't played eggs yet and isn't too tight to the bed, which is actually a stump

I put my Costas over the lenses on my camera and tried to take a photo, wish there was a size reference

Water is clearer than ever, 15' of water vis for sure.

Tons of bluegill, trout popping, and cruising bass.
20200529_184304.jpg
20200529_165039.jpg
20200529_164304.jpg
IMG_2524.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
Eye spy the legendary Hult Pond monster in that last pic! LOL

NKlamerus
NKlamerus
Gave a quick paddle for about an hour and a half.

Water is still very cold, never saw any bluegill or anything, got too hard to look for logs when the wind picked up so I headed back
3759f75fc1ad22ad6b60d3e4590c3bc6.jpg

V
venetafisher
I have a couple of questions for NKlamerus, one Hult-specific, one not.

I've seen the launch at Hult referred to as primitive, rustic, tiny etc. - is it capable of handling the launch of a 14' boat?

Second, when you fish your senkos, how do you usually rig? Weightless, weighted, conventional, wacky ... how? I haven't fished bass in 30 years, and the lure world has changed.

Thanks!

Oldhammer
Oldhammer
Answer to your Hult question: 14' boat= depends how wide and heavy. It is going to be difficult to impossible. You will have trouble backing a trailer close enough to get it in and out of the water. If you can move the trailer by hand you can probably get it in but getting it out will be more difficult if it weighs more than 80-100 lbs. My 12'ft kayak drops in easily on a cart but I would never back it in from my truck like I do at improved boat ramps. I will try to find a picture I have and post it.

Reactions: NKlamerus
NKlamerus
NKlamerus
If you use the ramp I would definitely recommend 4x4 and probably a winch or 2nd truck as well. It's very steep and all sand, gravel and rock as pictured above, but it is accessible depending on how people park at the lot

I rig my senkos weightless, with a 3/0 EWG hook, 15# flouro, regular weedless texas rigged

I'm experimenting with 4/0 VMC EWG hooks, as my usual 3/0 gamakatsu's have been absolutely horrendous lately. The hook points roll over and bend after a few fish.

V
venetafisher
Sounds like it's a good idea to drive up there without the boat to do some recon ....

Thanks, guys.

Top Bottom