Huge mess unearthed while water level is low

T

Thuggin4Life

To all you guys who think its cool to sink you cans and bottles it is not. I trolled by "party cove" on fall creek today. A spot when the lake is full all the boards anchor up and party. Well as I got close i seen cans glimmering in the sun on the water and passed several floating beer bottles and noticed a few cans here and there along the shorline. As I rounded the corner to party cove I quickly became pissed off. There is at least $50 in returnable cans/bottles and about the same in damaged ones. not to mentiion anything a drunk person would drop in the water. we found tons of sunglasses(one pair of brand new raybands), all kinds of sinkable garbage, cell phones, i got a 25lb anchor, broken glass bottles, cds, all kinds of everything and on the shorline in close proximity to party cove the cans that got unearthed floated away to fin a new home when the lake rose. My buddy and me filled up a few grocery sacks with randon garbage. Didn't find any change or jewely but i am sure that they are just burried in an inch ot 2 of mud. Makes me sick i took pics but they didn't make it look as bad as it is but this is bs. someone should close party cove down. Also I would like to maybe set up a volunteer clean up. the only thing is it is a long hike down the road to it and don't even know the were to pull over so best bet is by boat. Also who do you report things like this to? does anyone even care? Anyways please don't sink your cans and bottles they don't just dissapear forever. Also I can't upload any pics of the mess since i took them as 8 meg pictures and the forum doesn't like them. But we should clean it up and then scoure the mud with metal detectors for treasure. And to those sinking cans you know who you are and If i see you I won't be very nice. In fact I should save all the garbage and take a bag out in the summer and watch boats doing this and get them on video then at the ramp on dump the bs from last year in there nice boat and see if they can get me in trouble since i was only giveing back what the dropped. I bet a cop would find it hard to write me up for something like this.

T

Thuggin4Life

Maybe if we can clean it up we can take all the garbage and dump it on someone who should cares desk and see what they say. They should make a seperate fine for littering on our waterways and make it expensive and inforce it instead of raise my liscense and tags and registration. At least when I got my buii i had all my cans onboard(a leading reason to said charge since i have a small open boat) and a few i picked up out of the water.

T

Thuggin4Life

I guess the 36 people who viewed this like to sink garbage? I am relly the only one who cares?

G

GraphiteZen

Hey I'll send you my email address and I can reformat those pics if you want to post them. You planning on a cleanup day?

X

xltom

I guess the 36 people who viewed this like to sink garbage? I am relly the only one who cares?

Just saw this, I'm with you buddy....we can spend a while on monday picking up, and post a sign there too(with your pictures)....I watch that show "hook and look" sometimes and sure enough, wherever people hang out...the bottom is covered with garbage....I did lose my best sunglasses at my favorite spot though....I'd love to clean that particular mess up...

Every time I fish I come home with a pocket full of cigarette butts... It's really not that hard to pack out your trash... Some people don't appreciate anything, they run around like spoiled brats!! I bet there wasn't one decent beer(bottle) in the bunch..just milwaki's best and keystone light!!!

Last edited:
G

GraphiteZen

Man no kidding.. I was packing my boat out of the Umpqua one day which required me to tie it piece by piece to ropes and then hike up to the bridge and pull the ropes up. Well while I was doing this some jackass drove by and tried to bean me with a beer bottle. This thing just exploded about a foot or two from my head leaving only the section of glass with the label on it: Bud Light. That offended me more than anything!

X

xltom

some jackass drove by and tried to bean me with a beer bottle.

That's pretty much attempted murder... Too bad you didn't catch the guy...I would have probably left the boat and tried to catch up....bet he had a little weenie and was trying to impress whoever was in the car with him..

G

GraphiteZen

Yeah it was definitely a moment of great indecision as I had all my camping gear, my boat and all my rods sprawled out on the bridge as I had been on the river alone for 3 days straight. I was NOT HAPPY and loaded up all my gear and drove all over Elkton and into BigK looking for his truck but no luck. I really could not believe it.. Just standing there untying a knot and BOOM I get showered with beer and glass. I really just wanted to have a little chat with him.

Last edited:
T

Thuggin4Life

I would organize a clean up if anyone would volunteer. time is short since the lake is on the rise an best access is by boat.

jamisonace

jamisonace

Most Featured
Keep us posted when you do the clean up. I could throw a few garbage cans in my boat.

O

Outdoor_Myers

I have no idea where it is but boy if there is 50 bucks worth of cans I would be down if I got to keep the cans towards my license funds lol. I hate people like that back in Iowa we lost a private pond because a few drunk people left their beer cans sprawled all over the ground for 3 years! we are talking about a pond that help 16-19 inch crappie! huge largemouths and bluegills! I usually just smoke and i knock off my cig butt and pocket it or toss it in my tackle box depending on which one I have.

M

Mike123

Nice job Andy! Man that makes me wonder what the bottom of Foster and Green Peter look like.. :/

G

GraphiteZen

Zip-Lock bags are what I used for butts and line. The kind with the little pinch handle on the zipper part work awesome. No fuss just toss it in and zip it.

B

bd2cool

I might not be able to do much for the next two weeks-winter finals-but if I can make it I will be there for the clean up.

T

Thuggin4Life

I bet all the lakes are just as bad and any spot were people and boats congrate are gonna be the worst. Who is down for next saturday? I can ferry people back and forth in my little boat if we have to. Just bring plenty of garbage bags. Maybe we can sort the garbage and do some recycling. Let me know i don't work so i have a semiflexible schedule and i will post the pics later.

T

Thuggin4Life

So instead of fishing we are cleaning. next saturday. who can bring a boat? I got one that can haul 3 or 4 at a time across the lake and take garbage back to the ramp. the launch is shallow and were the garbage is it is muddy.

jamisonace

jamisonace

Most Featured
thuggin, will my 19' runabout be able to get right up to land or is it super shallow? I'm in with my two boys if I can get to land without swimming:) What time are you thinking?