troutdude
troutdude
Wow!

Wow!

Nice catch rate Solution 7!!!:dance::dance::dance:

And kudo's 2 U, for tossin' 'em back in 2!:yay:

S
solution7
I do keep trophy size and brooders :) but gotta be big for me to keep them! They trapped 4 otters out of there last week... Seems they were eating all the fish... There are also birds eating them too... The old timers aren't there as much on weekends, well at least Art isn't he is the one the covered area is named after "arts social security hole" I will be there today in a blue explorer for a while this morning and then I will hit Sheridan pond on the way home... I live in McMinnville... Feel free to call if you have any questions...

I am mounting up and heading out within next 30 minutes... Sheridan pond has some healthy brooders in it plus the 500 keepers they put in this week... It's a small pond fun to fish

Ok I am outta here tryin to beat the rain... Chartruesse powerbait and small lures are my best bet and I use scents on my bait usually sand shrimp

503-560-8407 smitty is the name

Peace !!

troutdude
troutdude
Sheridan not done!

Sheridan not done!

Bro, I confirmed it yesterday w/ ODFW. Sheridan was NOT stocked this week!

troutdude
troutdude
Sheridan

Sheridan

Sol7,

Hope u got that last message about Sheridan. I called ODFW yesterday and spoke to the receptionist. She said they had some mechanical prob's with their stocking truck. So, Sheridan did NOT get stocked at all.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the invite.;) Can't make it today. But, I'll look u up sometime.

My favorite "fishing recipe" is as follows:

3' of 4# leader, w/ barrel slip sinker and size 14 treble hook
one spring green power egg
one orange power egg
a dab of both green and orange trout jelly (also made by Berkley)
a sprinkle of trout scent (Berkley too)
cast out a leave slack line...when line tightens up...set the hook n' reel!

This is a variation on using Rainbow colored Berkley's Power Bait and MUCH LESS messy! The fish smell the scent (just like the shrimp scent that u use), then they taste the jelly as they nibble the bait, and then they won't let go!

Have fun today. Hope you do well. Please send a report!:)

S
solution7
Check the odfw recreation report it shows they put them in not to mention I'm after the brooders anyhow... Usually the new fish get brooders back on the bite!

troutdude
troutdude
I do know that Sheridan WAS on the stocking schedule. But, I kept calling their confirmation line all week. And they didn't list it as being a confirmed stocking. So, I called and spoke to the receptionist and explained that to her. And she told me about the truck being broke down. So, I was just going by what she said (plus the fact that the confirmation line had no report).

I hope you find that they did stock it and have a great day!

I didn't know about stockers getting the brooders hyped up. Thank you, that's good information!

B
bigsteel
Hey solution i think i saw you at the pond the other week,,,,some guy showed up with his two kids and started casting off the dock right where you guys were.....

S
solution7
Bigsteel I was wondering if that was you... Don't hesitate to say hello! I am usually in my blue ford explorer with my Oregon ducks sweatshirt on or my waders... I am at willamina have been here about an hour 3 bites and had one trophy size on lost him at the bank should have had the net ready!!

troutdude
troutdude
Uh oh!

Uh oh!

Hey Sol7,

I'm seriously struggling with a conflict of interest, now that I have discovered your loyalties to the enemy. :protest:

But maybe if we just keep our fishing alliances to ourselves...and you don't spill the beans to my Beaver Buddies about my turncoat activities...perhaps all will be well. :pray:

Sounds like your having fun. But, be careful...I hear that those "crackberry" addictions can be a major problem! :whistle:

Enjoy the day my finely feathered friend.

TD

P.S. Perhaps you will like my football motto: "Stomp the Dawgs"!!! :dance:

B
bigsteel
next time ill say hi,,,,i was to the right of the dock there,,,,,saw you pull one in.

S
Shallowbay
Huddleston Pond

Thanks for all the advice. I'll be out there on Monday morning. Hopefully I'll have some good pics of some nice fish to share.

-Shallowbay

S
solution7
So I hooked three, let one go, lost one and kept the largest one about 16"... I was there for about 4 hours... It wad pretty slow... I decided against hitting Sheridan because I knew there would be a lot of people there..

I had huddleston to myself, literaly!! Just a few dog walkers but no other fishermen!

troutdude
troutdude
No Skunk!

No Skunk!

Hey Sol7,

Thanks for the report.

At least you didn't get skunked. And you had something for the fry pan.

Yeah, if I was gonna hit Sheridan...I'd be there no later than sunrise!

Happy trails. TD

S
Shallowbay
Skunked at Huddleston Pond

Skunked at Huddleston Pond

Got there about 8:00 am. Cold and rainy. Got a bite about 5 minutes after casting on char power eggs. One a little later off a nightcrawler. This was on the south shore by the pond rules sign. Other than that ... NOT A THING! I was out there almost 6 hours. Fished all the way around. Tried every bait I had and some lures but, no one was interested. Rainbow powerbait, char and pink power eggs, nightcrawlers under a bobber, silver Kastmasters. My guess is that the water was too cold and also there were too many predators out. Saw a Bald Eagle, 3 otters, Great Blue, and various other water birds. My guess is they were hiding. Saw a monster jump in the middle about noon. A couple big dead ones floating dead on the banks. Saw only other bank fisherman (young kid) and a guy with a boat. He looked like he was poaching with nets. I couldn't really see that well because of the rain, but I never saw him cast any poles. I was thinking about going back to my car and grabbing my phone when a public works guy came by. He hopped out and went over and talked to the guy tell he left. The guy started heading in as soon as he saw the city truck so he must have been doing something wrong. He was using a motor which your not supposed to do according to the pond rules sign. Oh well. Maybe I'll go back after it's stocked again and a bit warmer. An older couple that was out bird watching said that no one has been having much luck the last few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
O
Outdoor_Myers
Ok this is where I get confused On google maps Huddleston pond park looks like there are two ponds now I have fished Pacific plywood log pond. I think that is the one with the logs out in the water next to the yamhill. Or do I have it turned around?

O
Outdoor_Myers
But I think its the plywood log pond I fished :( if you scroll up its right above huddleston pond.

B
beaverfan
Were you at Huddleston Pond Park, I'm sure there's signs up everywhere.

O
Outdoor_Myers
Shrugs I never drove there just rode lol. I do know there where tons of logs sticking out of the water, a shelter and a few parking places so I'll find it but if there are more than one pond thats fishable i want to hit them all.

B
bigsteel
:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:
:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:
:pray::pray::pray: