adambomb
bigsteel said:
:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:
:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:
:pray::pray::pray:

X2

O
Outdoor_Myers
Im serious though there are two ponds there lol im not hallucinating I swear it on my other personality!

troutdude
troutdude
Holy Cow!

Holy Cow!

Holy cow...I have fished the log pond on 3 occassions. And, each time I thought I was at Huddleston!!! :shock::rolleyes::(:confused: I followed signs that said "Huddleston Pond" and they led right to log pond! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And, I always wondered where "Willamina Pond" was. Never knew that it's right next to the REAL Huddleston Pond!

So, how do you get to Huddleston? Hwy. 18 / Main St. onto SE Adams?

BTW, didn't Willamina Pond get some brooders dumped in a couple of months ago?

O
Outdoor_Myers
So wait which one is willamina pond? wow ok google maps and odfw needs to step it up some lol cause man I will just follow signs catch fish and if I get stopped or kicked out somewhere I'll just blame it on odfw and google maps for their failure in providing good directions and information lol

troutdude
troutdude
Hey Mr. Myers,

This view shows Willamina Pond, just a hair south of the REAL Huddleston.

Willamina City Hall, does a fine job of posting signs to their ponds, don't they? LOL :lol::rolleyes::shock:

P.S. Maybe we'll rub shoulders tomorrow at Sheridan. (I only have time to go to one of 'em).

B
beaverfan
troutdude said:
Holy cow...I have fished the log pond on 3 occassions. And, each time I thought I was at Huddleston!!! :shock::rolleyes::(:confused: I followed signs that said "Huddleston Pond" and they led right to log pond! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And, I always wondered where "Willamina Pond" was. Never knew that it's right next to the REAL Huddleston Pond!

So, how do you get to Huddleston? Hwy. 18 / Main St. onto SE Adams?

BTW, didn't Willamina Pond get some brooders dumped in a couple of months ago?

Straight off the ODFW website

HUDDLESTON POND - From Hwy 18, take Willamina City Center Exit. Turn left on
Main St. Follow Main St. to NE E St. and turn right. Proceed to NE Yamhill St. and
turn left. Follow Yamhill St. to pond.

troutdude
troutdude
Faulty Directions?

Faulty Directions?

Thanks Beaver for looking that up.

However, if you look closely at the map, those directions take you right to the Pacific Plywood Log Pond! And, if you come from the opposite direction and turn onto E street, you'll go north and completetly away from any of the ponds!

It looks to me, like ODFW is calling the Plywood Pond the same thing as Huddleston. And, it was those very directions (and the street signs in town) that lead me right to that pond...the one that's next to the mill and parallel's Hwy. 18. Those directions will NOT take someone across the river to the REAL Huddleston Pond, as near as I can tell. (And, I have taught map reading classes!) :wall::wall::wall::doh::doh::doh::confused::confused::confused:

If you find some directions to actual Huddleston Pond, please let me know.

It really looks like--if you come from Sheridan on Hwy. 18--that you should follow Hwy. 18 / Main st. into Willamina. Then, go left at the Fork w/ West Valley Hwy. and stay on Hwy. 18 going south. Then, take the 5th street to the left (SE Adams St.) and follow that back to either Willamina Pond and / Huddleston.

Hmmm, maybe I should send those directions into ODFW for clarification? :D

Thanks again,

TD

S
Shallowbay
Huddleston Pond

Here's a few pics. Hopefully these help a bit with the confusion. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
troutdude
troutdude
That's what I THOUGHT was Huddleston. It is where I have been going, and it is where ODFW directions say it is.

However, on Googlemaps...it is listed as a Plywood mill pond...and the REAL Huddleston is on the south side of the Yamhill River, and north of the Willamina Pond.

S
Shallowbay
That's what I always thought of it as. I remember the first time I went I had trouble finding it with ODFW directions. I've seen the other body of water your talking about I think. There is also a fast running river behind it on the parking lot side. I'm pretty sure the utility building and signs there call it Huddleston Pond.

O
Outdoor_Myers
SO OSP stopped by today at huddleston very nice gentleman yes I got my license today my friend said it was weird the day i get my license osp shows up lol guess he hardly ever comes by lol. Well He said they had drained the old huddleston pond and moved it all over to the plywood pond so yes google maps is way off course and the old plywood pond is now huddleston!

troutdude
troutdude
Glad too see that OSP is out and earning their keep. Wish they would check licenses more, as I often see guys take double the daily bag limit. [10 fish "in possession" does NOT mean you can take 10 fish from one body of water--thereby exceeding a legal daily bag limit of 5 fish].

And in regards to the real Huddleston Pond...thanks for the clarification. I had a hunch that it was somehow linked to the Plywood Mill pond, because I have been there after it's been stocked.

O
Outdoor_Myers
so you can take 5 from huddleston then take 5 from sheridan?

B
beaverfan
Nope, five a day. You are allowed to have 2 days limits in your possession. So like if your camping for 4 days you can only bring back 10 fish per person, not 40.

troutdude
troutdude
I agree w/ Beavafan.

That's exactly how I read the law too. But, I see peeps breaking that law everyday--and I wish that they'd get ticketed and fined for it.

troutdude
troutdude
Just found this little blip on the radar, from the Spring '09 Fishing Forecast (from ODFW) about Huddleston:

"Huddleston Pond: This pond, off of NE Yamhill Street in Willamina, has changed names and was formerly known as Hampton Pond."

Hope this helps identify the "real" Huddleston. LOL

T
TXTransplant
Went out today. Didn't expect to see many, but about a dozen-plus folks out at the lunch hour. One bite and nothin else even close the next few hours. Ran over to Sheridan and got zilch there too. Still, could be worse ways to spend an afternoon.

troutdude
troutdude
TXTransplant said:
Went out today. Didn't expect to see many, but about a dozen-plus folks out at the lunch hour. One bite and nothin else even close the next few hours. Ran over to Sheridan and got zilch there too. Still, could be worse ways to spend an afternoon.

Huddleston was on the stocking schedule last week. If it was indeed stocked...I would think that there would be something still to catch.

T
TXTransplant
Well, it may well be I just stink. Ha!

(I did see two pulled out while I was out, but that was it. Certainly could have been a few more, but definitely wasn't all that hopping.)

troutdude
troutdude
What methods did you try?

My favorite is one Lemon/Lime and one Orange Power Egg, on a size 6 egg hook, and 3' of leader and a slip sinker off the bottom. And a little of Berkley's Trout Scent helps too.

I'd also try a slip bobber, and either Pautzke's Salmon Eggs; or the bobber and a worm and Garlic or Anise Smelly Jelly dabbed onto the worm.