Huddelston pond or Sheridan pond

B
bass_junkie
hey everyone I was just curious if anyone had any input on this. I have been fishing at sheridan pond every know and then with some success but never caught anything really big. I am wanting to get into a brooder just for the thrill of catching a big one. For one which place has more of those, and what do they usually bite on? thanks a lot for any help or input u have on this topic.

H
hand_on_rod
big & dead

big & dead

I visisted there this afternoon just to check it out, and I saw 9 dead trout on the banks that had to be at least 10+ lbs! They were supposed to stock it last week, but the truck broke down (BS IMO) and the lady at the hotline told me that since the "truck broke down" last week, they're not stocking it until March.
I would assume that if there are huge dead fish, then there must be some pretty big ones still in there. There was no one else there today that I saw, and I'd imagine that crowds won't be an issue until they restock it (if they ever do).

A
alm21
If you live in McMinnville, then you've been missing out. Go check out Huddleston. The two ponds are next door to each other.

I've only fished Sheridan Pond once but got a fat 15" which was on rainbow powerbait. See Below:

HPIM2047.jpg

I've hit Huddleston twice and the first time I caught a 13", 15.5" and 22" all on #2 Blue Fox close to the bank (sunny and cold). The second time I went, we were skunked (just after snow, cloudy, cold and wet). I see a lot of people using power bait but that's my least favorite option. I've wanted to try eggs and bobber. Take a look below and tell me that doesn't make you want to go out and hit it! :D

IMAG0001.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

B
bass_junkie
are there any hot spots to hit at huddelston pond?

A
alm21
bass_junkie said:

I think people pull them out all around. It's pretty wide open not too unlike Sheridan.

S
solution7
bass_junkie said:

I like to fish by the bathrooms and also all the way down on the far end near the farthest dock..

Saw a nice brooder pulled out of there yesterday. Didn't think that there would be any of those left in there, but sure enough saw one caught,,,

We walked away with one fish keeper size

B
bigsteel
whats up with the dead brooders on the bank???why does that happen,,,are they just too old to suurvive

O
Outdoor_Myers
I fished with solution7 at the two ponds. I also checked out the google earth thing and it looked like there where other ponds across the yamhill river by the first one we went to in willimina i think dont know much about those ponds.

S
Shallowbay
I was out at Sheridan Pond for about 5 hours this morning. Saw about 12 people come and go. One group of 4 said they caught one rainbow with sand shrimp. Talked to one other guy across the bank that said he had only gotten one small bite. I caught one rainbow, a 9 & 1/2" off a silver KastMaster. Couple other bites. I was using Kastmasters, Char Power eggs, & a garlic trout bait I made at home. It was cold and foggy and I lost my fishing pole holder ... I think it fell out in the parking area. It's maroon with the initials RMc on it if anyone happens to find it and want to return it), but at least I didn't get skunked!!!

-Shallowbay

Last edited by a moderator:
T
Throbbit _Shane
Sure is nice to have a pole holder now that we can fish with 2 poles.

I met a guy from sacramento that was fishing up where i was last year and he gave me one. Never used it til this year though :D

A
alm21
Throbbit _Shane said:
Sure is nice to have a pole holder now that we can fish with 2 poles.

I met a guy from sacramento that was fishing up where i was last year and he gave me one. Never used it til this year though :D

I picked up my two pole tag which will be perfect for when I take the kids out. Now I can have one pole in the holder fishing the bottom or under a float while I am tossing hardware which is my fav.