How well did you stock up over the winter.

M
Markcanby
Ok I was looking back over the post from last year's "What's in your Fly Box" thread an was wonder how every spent there winter. Did you get your box all stock for the year? I know I sure didn't loose any flys sitting here at the PC in front of the fireplace.:lol:

M
Markcanby
Here is where I am so far. I still have a few I want to get before the rivers open.

• SAM_0100.jpg
  • SAM_0098.jpg
  • SAM_0099.jpg
  • SAM_0102.jpg
  • SAM_0101.jpg
D
Drew9870
Jeez, those are some awesome looking flies, I actually viewed them in order and went back over them again.

Those shrimp flies (3rd pic) are badass, those would no doubt slay some rockfish, and Sea Perch if you trimmed the end otherwise they will do it for you lol.

Last edited:
M
Markcanby
Yeah I guess you could use them as shrimp. They are supposed to be Crayfish.:lol:

Y
Yohan
Nice work! I'm working on filling my boxes as we speak.

I like the half and half san juan worms; I think I'll tie up a few of those... btw you should add a few girdle bugs. Those things are killer all summer long!

(I'll post some pics of my boxes later when I have some time)

M
Markcanby
Yohan said:
Nice work! I'm working on filling my boxes as we speak.

I like the half and half san juan worms; I think I'll tie up a few of those... btw you should add a few girdle bugs. Those things are killer all summer long!

(I'll post some pics of my boxes later when I have some time)

Thanks. You will have to post some pics of your Girdle bugs I looked on line but got some pics of the Black guys I have in Pic 3 or some Olive guys an a pic of some lady in a girdle with bugs.:think::think:

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
I just replenished the soft hackles, bivisibles, and the other flies I lost over the last couple seasons, along with tying up some new patterns, and some flies to give away. Tied up a bunch of micro jigs as well for use on the spin rod.

H
halibuthitman
Im just the short work of giving the flyshop my credit card number and I,ll be sittin flush- free shipping!

G
GDBrown
halibuthitman said:
Im just the short work of giving the flyshop my credit card number and I,ll be sittin flush- free shipping!

You think like I do!

S
Sinkline
Mark, I like your bugger variations, they look "fishy"! You appear to know what you need for all your preferred waters. :cool:

I don't do the whole stock-up thing. About every fly I fish in Stillwater fits in one medium size box. I usually tie three of anything I tie and when I lose or wear out a couple I might replace them if they worked well, or maybe redesign them a little??? I'm not really locked-in to specific patterns. I like tryin' new materials and different variations on designs so what I fish with one day may not look the same the next day. :lol:

When I started flyfishing in the 70's I read the books and came away thinking I needed hundreds of flys to really be prepared! I had to have several sizes of each type, and several colors of each, etc. etc. After learning to fly fish, and more importantly, learning the entomology of the waters I fished it became clear I really didn't need all the flys the entomology books would have me believe I needed. :think:

Besides, I've been fishin' so much this Winter I don't have time to tie flys! :lol:

Randy

B
bigsteel
i finally got back on the bench and i am pretty well stocked up for the year,,,,lots of stimulators and bwos

Irishrover
Irishrover
Looks like you just about have your trout amo boxes set up and ready to go. I must say those boxes are well organized, I never could get that down. Well trout season is not to far off so lock and load!;)

G
Growbug
NICE selection Mark... what fly boxes are they? I have been stocking up BIG style on that StreamFlies website, but now i really need a LOT more boxes.

M
Markcanby
They are Irideus boxs I real like them.

V
Van
I think i have enough Salmon flies to last five years. I am so well stocked with various flies at this point, i actually feel kinda silly about the quantity i have. Everytime i pass a rack of flies, i have to stop and look and invariably come away with at least a few.

M
Markcanby
halibuthitman said:

I tie my flies with a Credit Card also I just dont get them from a flyshop I buy bulk an save. I have 3 more boxes of spares. got a few more today.

SAM_0104.jpg

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
Markcanby said:
Here is where I am so far. I still have a few I want to get before the rivers open.
Those'll never work. There's too much postage scent on them.:lol:;)

M
Markcanby
OnTheFly said:
Those'll never work. There's too much postage scent on them.:lol:;)

Im going to remember that one!!!

M
Markcanby
Ok got my new waterproof camera wit the Micro setting an took some pics what do you guys think?

B
bigsteel
WOW,definitely nicer pictures,,,nice zoom job and angle