How was the fishing in the Willamette?

S
s@lmonstalker
looking for alittle info about nook fishin from the falls down. and what baits and colors r working well?

T
The Nothing
troll plug cut herring or prawn spinners. i've seen both produces, either with or without flashers.

but, with all the rain the last couple days, its probably best to stay home

O
osmosis
yep stay home for a couple days is probably the best bet until the mud flushes.

V
VagrantAngler
Stay home or plunk it up.

Q
qwapaw
I was at Meldrum Bar mid day on Saturday. The wife and I had something to do in Portland, but I wanted to visit the old haunt and see what was happning. We bought lunch and watched for about 45 minutes, no take downs whiile we were there. I talked to a young lady that was in a boat with her father, and they had 2 take downs and no fish and saw a couple bell ringers in the earlier AM from the bank, but no fish landed from what they could see. She said there were quite a few larger fish on their Fish Finder, just not many strikes. They were just making a bathroom break and were heading out again. It was a nice sunny day and there was room for maybe 8 or 10 more rods. People were clear out on the Gravel point fishing, but I have not seen a lot taken from out there. See you all the 24th of April up there. Looking forward to it. Tight Lines, Qwa, Dan U

F
Fish Fight
On Monday I fished above the 205 and below the OC bridge. The water's off color, upper 40's in temp and no bites, didn't see any rollers or dock slugs (sealions) feasting on salmon.

V
VagrantAngler
I'll be out at Meldrum for a few hours tomorrow trying to get one. Got some Prawns curing up right now that look so good I want to eat em. Now I just need a springer to agree with that...

B
beaverfan
I'll be out trolling around the Marylhurst area Thursday, I'll post how I do.

F
fishwithdynamite
Good Luck!

F
Fish Fight
Fished Tuesday afternoon from 2 - 5 pm. Anchored up stream of Meldrum. No fish, no bites and didn't see anything caught. Fished prawns and Brads.

V
VagrantAngler
Nothing for me today. Fished up by the bulkhead from 6:50-12. Didn't see anything taken either. Did see a sealion on the prowl and a fish jump opposite side of the channel but that's it. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.

B
beaverfan
How did the water look, my dad drove by the other day and said it was kinda muddy. Has it improved at all?

F
Fish Fight
Fished Wednesday from 2 - 5:30 PM. One drive by and seen one on the bank caught, don't know if it was a steel head or salmon. The water color is starting to shape up but the temp has dropped about 1 degree.

V
VagrantAngler
Looks a little like pea soup but cleared visibly while I was there today. Should be looking much better tomorrow. At least I'm hoping it will...

F
Fish Fight
Fished today 3-4-10 from 3 -5:30 pm, 1st springer of 2010 is on the tags.

K
Kodiak
SWEET MEAT!!!!! Congrats!:)

V
VagrantAngler
Good job! Figures though, I left around 2:30 with only one good bell ringer n 7 hours. Need to hang out with a plunking guru and try to get my act dialed in.

B
bigsteel
nice springer

G
GDBrown
I had my windshield replaced today by a guy who fishes the Sellwood area a lot. He caught a couple this last week. He told me the creel check from ODFW showed 34 fish for 40 boats at Willamette Park launch for one day. He caught his trolling small herring on the bottom downstream during the outgoing tide flow.

F
Fishydog
Fish Fight said:
Fished today 3-4-10 from 3 -5:30 pm, 1st springer of 2010 is on the tags.

Where?
How?
What?