How to use a snubber for kokes?

brandon4455
brandon4455
title says it all folks.. may be a stupid question but im new to the kokanee fishing scene :lol: thanks for any help

J
JeannaJigs
Just rig it in line. I put it at the top of m leader, above my flashers if in use. not sure if theres a "proper" way but it works. Although I rarely troll for em, usually jig with a gibbs.

brandon4455
brandon4455
JeannaJigs said:
Just rig it in line. I put it at the top of m leader, above my flashers if in use. not sure if theres a "proper" way but it works. Although I rarely troll for em, usually jig with a gibbs.

thanks jeanna. Snubbers are those rubber looking things with a swivel on them,correct? ive seen them at wal mart before and i was wondering wtf they were

R
RunWithSasquatch
They're a shocker leader. can be good on those soft mouthed kokes, they make heavy ones for salmon too. but doesn't make sense unless your fishing pole is a 2x4

J
JeannaJigs
I ran some heavier ones for salmon years ago but like you said, not needed. All that ended up happening was the rubber would stretch completely and pop off the swivel and then they were done for. They do help with those little kokes though if you're running heavier gear to get it down requiring a little heavier rod in comparison to the size of fish.

brandon4455
brandon4455
eh, im buying a 7ft medium for trolling lakes since we dont use downriggers it will do good for bass too. ive been needing a multipurpose rod.

J
JeannaJigs
That should do you just fine.