How to tailgate at a Ducks game?

G

gordo

Hi all,
I have a buddy at U of O who got a handful of tickets to the Nov 26th Oregon v. Arizona game. We're trying to figure out the best way to tailgate down there before the game and curious if any of you have experience. The reason I ask is because from what I've researched so far, it sounds like most all of the main parking lots around Autzen are reserved for donors, so it sounds like that is not an option for us. The only parking available to non-donors that I could find are at The Science Factory lots, which sells single game parking passes for $65-$70 per spot. Pretty expensive, but we would do it if that is our only option.

Any other ideas or experiences down there? I also understand you can just park somewhere else on campus or around town and walk over and you can hang out at PK Park or The Mo before the game, but that isn't quite tailgating as I've come to know it... (I have midwest roots)

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

H

hawgslayer

Hi Gordo,

What me and my friends usually do is park at civic stadium pre game drink there, and then ride the bus to the game. Then we just walk around the parking lot by the baseball field and make tailgating friends !! UO fans like to party, and are usually pretty friendly that's for sure. The mo can be pretty fun too with lots of food and plenty of beer Good luck

troutdude

troutdude

If you do wind up going to any game there...take your fishing gear and try fishing Alton Baker Canal, or the "radio tower" pond behind Autzen. There's trout (and sometimes steelies) in the canal; and bass in the pond and parts of the canal. Plus, you can use two rods (if you have the correct license).

Here is map:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=E...de=44.0522&longitude=-123.085602&geocode=CITY

If that doesn't work, just go to mapquest and hone in on the area behind Autzen. Look for Alton Baker park. The canal flows through the radio tower pond, from the direction of Springfield.

Last edited:
G

gordo

Thanks for the info guys. I wasn't aware of parking at the civic stadium before hand, so I will look into that as an option.

And troutdude, I never even considered tailgating AND fishing! That is pure genius! My buddy was just talking about Alton Baker park, so this might be a real possibility. My wife might kill me though, if I suggest how I need to fish before the game. Could be worth it

S

SantiamDrifter

We park in the juvenile court parking lot. Its 20$ a pass. I suggest you get there early becuz it fills up fast. Its on MLK jr. Blvd right across the street from autzen. Your literally right infront of the main gates, its perfect. Tailgating is awesome there, Lots of season ticket holders. And if you want to walk around you can get to the food stands and beer gardens. You can go inside the mac center if its raining. There is soooooooo much to do b4 duck games. Best place in the world on game days lol.

troutdude

troutdude

And troutdude, I never even considered tailgating AND fishing! That is pure genius! My buddy was just talking about Alton Baker park, so this might be a real possibility. My wife might kill me though, if I suggest how I need to fish before the game. Could be worth it

Here is what you say to the "Missus" when you arrive home. "Wow, honey what a great game! And, look what some of the tailgaters gave us...some nice 'leftover' fish!" LOL

G

gordo

We park in the juvenile court parking lot. Its 20$ a pass. I suggest you get there early becuz it fills up fast.

I assume that is first come, first served? Is it pretty standard, where the lot opens up 4 hours before game time? I don't mind getting there early, but can you just wait in line until they open the lot?

H

hawgslayer

I'm not sure when they open up the lot, but it's right on the main street, so you won't be able just to wait there that's for sure.

N

n8r1

SantiamDrifter just gave you some excellent advice. I've been a season ticket holder for 11 years and we've been parking here the past 6 years. Before that we had a donor lot pass, but it was more of a pain than it was worth. The donor lot didn't used to open until 3 hours before kickoff; the JD Center lot opens up EARLY (like before 6am)

It's very easy to get to. The driveway is right across from the giant X's and O's on Centennial Blvd. But like SD said, it fills up FAST. There are actually 2 different lots: The Armed forces/Juvenile Detention center lot that is on the right, and the Boyscout lot on the left. The Armed Forces/JD lot will be full early, but the Boyscout lot is much larger (and more difficult to get out of) and usually doesn't fill until a few hours before kickoff. Both are $20.

When the game is over, be prepared for a Cluster of cars all trying to leave, especially if it's a close one and everyone leaves at the same time. But well worth the fun of enjoying a Duck game in person!

PM me if you have any other questions and I can answer them for you.

GO DUCKS!!!!!!

Duck Crowd Surfing.jpg

We park in the juvenile court parking lot. Its 20$ a pass. I suggest you get there early becuz it fills up fast. Its on MLK jr. Blvd right across the street from autzen. Your literally right infront of the main gates, its perfect. Tailgating is awesome there, Lots of season ticket holders. And if you want to walk around you can get to the food stands and beer gardens. You can go inside the mac center if its raining. There is soooooooo much to do b4 duck games. Best place in the world on game days lol.

G

GraphiteZen

It's all in good humor. They are number one though. That's pretty damn spiffy!

G

gordo

Thanks everyone... all great advice!
n8r1, I'll likely take you up on your offer of a pm for a few more questions as that game draws near as I am leaning towards the JD lot.

Thanks again!

H

Hawk

Last week after gettin' my vittles in Grants Pass, i was headin' home on I-5. Car's were passing me going north with DUCKS attached to the windows.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
:cool::cool:
:clap::clap::clap:

Top Bottom