How to make a shrimp pump

D

Drew9870

Banned User
How to make a Shrimp pump

This is pretty sweet, I already made one, the plug isn't the exact same one in the picture, and I made an extension (4 inch) for the handle. Haven't got to use it yet, but I look forward to using it real soon. Probably no more than $12-15 for all the materials, they run about $32 already built, all material can be found at Home Depot.

M

mrlindeman

What is a shrimp pump? It looks dangerous lol

S

skunk

Thanks for the link, I'll try one since I need something to do in all this rain!

D

dan88

in san diego I use to pump sand shrimp all along the bay. we would pump 100+ in about 5 mins. when the fish was biting it wouldn't even last 30 mins. are you planning on pumping shrimp on oregons coast?

D

Drew9870

Banned User
Yes, I don't know about doing as good as you did in Cali, but you could probably fill a large coffee can in about an hour, no limit on how many you take, I usually harvest a dozen or two more than I feel I need, it wouldn't be hard to fill a 5 gallon bucket in a session, but that would be a major waste.

Hopefully I can do another Shrimp pump session while the Winter Steel are runnng, I was able to keep my last batch alive for about 5 days after harvesting.

Last edited: