How to get your girlfriend to like fishing

P
Phil_Bud
First of all do some research on when the body of water you want to take your "ol lady" out on is going to be stocked...If they just stocked 5000 trout odds are your girlfriend's, fiance's, or wives will be happy staying in camp fishin from the bank with a slip bobber set at the right dept catchin fish all day. While the guys are out in the boat, chasing whatever kind of fish you prefer. for me its usually bass. You have to take her with you enough to where she enjoys and understands fishing but not so much to where she wants to go every time and begins catching more and bigger fish than you...:lol:
I am lucky enough to have mastered this art...:cool:
good luck

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Phil_Bud said:
First of all do some research on when the body of water you want to take your "ol lady" out on is going to be stocked...If they just stocked 5000 trout odds are your girlfriend's, fiance's, or wives will be happy staying in camp fishin from the bank with a slip bobber set at the right dept catchin fish all day. While the guys are out in the boat, chasing whatever kind of fish you prefer. for me its usually bass. You have to take her with you enough to where she enjoys and understands fishing but not so much to where she wants to go every time and begins catching more and bigger fish than you...:lol:
I am lucky enough to have mastered this art...:cool:
good luck

First,a friendly "welcome". :) Welcome to the best family friendly fishing forum found from coast to coast. We are fast becoming known as the forum that shares and cares.
Second...really? :shock: "ol lady"...seriously? :rolleyes: My roommate's mother is 96 years old. THAT is an "ol lady", that lady in the picture certainly doesn't look "old". ;) Just a bit more respect and you could be calling her your "lady". :D And,some day that lady will almost certainly kick your bass catching butt every time you graciously take her. :D You men crack the ladies up! You are so competitive amongst yourselves and yet you can't stand it when a lady beats you. You do know that we try our hardest to let you win once in a while...don't you? :lol: :lol:
Again,welcome.

O
OnTheFly
LOL!:lol: Raincatcher is dead on point. There is no middle ground here Phil_Bud. If she doesn't really fish in the first place, getting your lady to go fishing with you is hard enough. Once they decide this is something they like doing, then share all the fishing knowledge you know and stand back! I don't know why this is but a female will out fish you a great deal of the time. Case in point: my wife. lol. Just smile :D and give them bragging rights for the day and enjoy the company and I guaranty it will not compromise your fishing day.:)

L
lilsalmon
Good job Phil_Bud's lady.....

P
Phil_Bud
lilsalmon said:
Good job Phil_Bud's lady.....

She says thanks bud...lol

P
Phil_Bud
Raincatcher said:
First,a friendly "welcome". :) Welcome to the best family friendly fishing forum found from coast to coast. We are fast becoming known as the forum that shares and cares.
Second...really? :shock: "ol lady"...seriously? :rolleyes: My roommate's mother is 96 years old. THAT is an "ol lady", that lady in the picture certainly doesn't look "old". ;) Just a bit more respect and you could be calling her your "lady". :D And,some day that lady will almost certainly kick your bass catching butt every time you graciously take her. :D You men crack the ladies up! You are so competitive amongst yourselves and yet you can't stand it when a lady beats you. You do know that we try our hardest to let you win once in a while...don't you? :lol: :lol:
Again,welcome.

haha my grandmother lived to be 107 years old...now thats old...so is 96...I hope I can fish for that long...Yeah shes a great angleress she does out fish me on a majority of our trips...lol I just can't wait until our daughter can reel in her first fish.
good luck out there

P
Phil_Bud
OnTheFly said:
LOL!:lol: Raincatcher is dead on point. There is no middle ground here Phil_Bud. If she doesn't really fish in the first place, getting your lady to go fishing with you is hard enough. Once they decide this is something they like doing, then share all the fishing knowledge you know and stand back! I don't know why this is but a female will out fish you a great deal of the time. Case in point: my wife. lol. Just smile :D and give them bragging rights for the day and enjoy the company and I guaranty it will not compromise your fishing day.:)

You said it bud...we should be happy our ladies go fishin at all...have you seen that ugly stick commercial where that guys wife say hes not going fishin today and puts his uglystick in the can crusher and he pulls it back out in perfect shape. grabs his tackle box and heads for the water...lol...be gratful for angleress's...lol
good luck out on the water.

H
halibuthitman
mix the darks with the whites doing laundry, don't pre-rinse the dishes before running the dish washer, and scratch the car with the cloth while washing it and hit her flowers "by accident" with the weed eater..... and she will be begging you to go fishing... to save her money! hmmm...strong jedi!

P
Phil_Bud
halibuthitman said:
mix the darks with the whites doing laundry, don't pre-rinse the dishes before running the dish washer, and scratch the car with the cloth while washing it and hit her flowers "by accident" with the weed eater..... and she will be begging you to go fishing... to save her money! hmmm...strong jedi!
lol there you go

troutdude
troutdude
halibuthitman said:

...and may the Schwartz be with you!

Glad to see that your lady was a happy camper...literally.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Brats go on the bbq,turds go out in the yard...

Brats go on the bbq,turds go out in the yard...

halibuthitman said:

Aha! Now your secret is out! :lol: It may not work so well after today. Be glad she doesn't tell you what I used to tell my kids..."If you're gonna act like a turd,go lay in the grass". :lol: :tongue: :lol: :lol: