How to fish salish ponds

M
meatwad1666
i have been trying to fish salish pond for 3 days now and no luck but everyone around me is catching them like mad men(i even had the dock these last 2 days)
there must be some ways to fish can anyone help me out

T
Troutier Bassier
How big are the ones that are being caught? And are people limiting out there? If yes, then Ill see you on wednessday.

M
meatwad1666
Troutier Bassier said:
How big are the ones that are being caught? And are people limiting out there? If yes, then Ill see you on wednessday.
there alright size some are big some pan size and i think i mite not be there on wed i may be like at 2-4 pm me and my brother in law go and we always stay till dusk

Last edited:
T
tonythefish
I caught a couple of 10 inch keepers last week using an 1/8 of an ounce silver kastmaster. A monster jumeped clear out of the water he as at least 20 inches long and stole my silver blue striped castmaster.

I see a lot of guys using slip bobbers with a 4 foot liter line and green power bait and it works for some but not for me. I've had the best luck with my kastmasters. Ill be there tuesday around 7am. good luck

M
meatwad1666
:confused: almost forget to say what i was using. I was using a bobber and set it to about 5 feet and had power bait siting out for a while then i went for mr trout (salmon eggs)

M
meatwad1666
tonythefish said:
I caught a couple of 10 inch keepers last week using an 1/8 of an ounce silver kastmaster. A monster jumeped clear out of the water he as at least 20 inches long and stole my silver blue striped castmaster.

I see a lot of guys using slip bobbers with a 4 foot liter line and green power bait and it works for some but not for me. I've had the best luck with my kastmasters. Ill be there tuesday around 7am. good luck
my brother in law has a copper colored one where is the best place to cast those at?

T
Troutier Bassier
By the green fences are the best place, Fish with those or Micro jigs. Gave me succese last year.

I would recomend switching to a bottom rig, 1/2 Egg, Swivel, 6lb 2 foot leader, size 16 Treble and a Chartrue poweregg on the treble.

M
meatwad1666
:( i dont think ill be going today but thank you for the info i though the dock was the best

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
By the green fences are the best place, Fish with those or Micro jigs. Gave me succese last year.

I would recomend switching to a bottom rig, 1/2 Egg, Swivel, 6lb 2 foot leader, size 16 Treble and a Chartrue poweregg on the treble.

Wouldn't you want to use doughbait for a treble? Eggs dont really seem to go with 3 hooks... I would use a size 8-12 single egg hook

B
beaverfan
I agree whenever I use Powereggs I always use a single, when I use the doughbait I usually use a treble.

T
Troutier Bassier
Report.
Salish ponds today.
12-4:30 pm
1 Fish on and lost.
Green powerbait.
Fishing is SLOW.
But there is fish in there.
Mostly small ones. But there are a few Broodes. (the one that I hooked)
Fish with bait, 3 foot leader. Cast to the middle.
Good luck

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
Report.
Salish ponds today.
12-4:30 pm
1 Fish on and lost.
Green powerbait.
Fishing is SLOW.
But there is fish in there.
Mostly small ones. But there are a few Broodes. (the one that I hooked)
Fish with bait, 3 foot leader. Cast to the middle.
Good luck

Haha suuuuuure :lol:;) jk. If the water is cold, I don't think they would be on the bottom. Did you try bobbering it or casting husky jerks (or any other lure that one just happened to be in my mind cause I just got one)? Or you could try tying three single egg hooks to your line, and having just one or two split shot, so it falls pretty slow. Then cast out, and you'll be covering that entire water column.

T
Troutier Bassier
I know there not on the bottom. Thats why I was using a 3 foot leader. All the other guys were catching them on 4'. Maybe they were flossing. :think: ;) :lol:

F
FishSchooler
weren't you bottom fishing? 3 feet is closer to the bottom than 4 feet. and fish can't see down, so if they were at 3.5 feet from the bottom...:D

T
Troutier Bassier
But im pretty sure they can smell my powereggs.